Top dead center, and clutch

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in a rush to pop off my clutches, I didn't Aline the marks to 12 o'clock,now I have my clutches cleaned and put back together properly but don't know what position the crank and pistons were in to match. This is on a 2010 skidoo, I call one dealer ship and he said it didn't matter. Just want to get some opinions. Thanks:beer:

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your clutch is balance so it doesn't matter where clutch is positioned on crank - make sure all marks are aligned on clutch though!

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aligning clutch with crank started on Etecs in 2011 then all 800R engines followed with a index mark on crank in 2012 to current if memory is correct.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in a rush to pop off my clutches, I didn't Aline the marks to 12 o'clock,now I have my clutches cleaned and put back together properly but don't know what position the crank and pistons were in to match. This is on a 2010 skidoo, I call one dealer ship and he said it didn't matter. Just want to get some opinions. Thanks:beer:

But it does matter if u index Ur 10 clutch.

Do it at 1,2,3 ok clock and so on.

Makes the idle vibration less and u will know when I hit the sweet spot by the feel of it.

Then mark Ur clutch , and center punch the end of the crank.

Mines at 6:30 ish where it made the best.

Just have to get bolt snug so it won't fall off , but yet is still easy to remove.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But it does matter if u index Ur 10 clutch.

Do it at 1,2,3 ok clock and so on.

Makes the idle vibration less and u will know when I hit the sweet spot by the feel of it.

Then mark Ur clutch , and center punch the end of the crank.

Mines at 6:30 ish where it made the best.

Just have to get bolt snug so it won't fall off , but yet is still easy to remove.

Sent you a PM

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K - got me wondering how rotating clutch on crank would make a difference. Don't think each clutch has been balanced specifically for each motor ! I would think clutches are mass produced , balanced and then installed on engines . can anyone tell me any different ??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is not every clutch is balanced 100 % ( mass produced ) and not every crank nose is true.

Makes the engine vibration less ect , which makes the crank last longer.

If u match the 2. It's like balancing a tire on a rim.

Top Bottom