Another clutch alignment / wear questions (with pics)

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a drill dot on the lip of the movable sheave. That's what's got everyone wondering.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Incorrect . There is a dot (see my pic) Arrow on the spring cup goes to the dot, arrow on the governer cup goes to small circle. This means they are 60 degrees apart !

This part threw me off too, but that's how my clutch was when I took it apart, and I'll take DJ's word on it as he typed it out straight from the manual

governer cup arrow and small dot line up with fixed sheave notch, big circle to crank

What year is yours?

Mine lines up like this:
uploadfromtaptalk1360908799655.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoot! I see what i may have missed. I lined up my spring cap with the little circle.

Crap, im gonna look this up from the horse's mouth. Im gonna look in the manual at the dealer

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bugger!!!! You are so right. I went tovthe dealer today to see his manual and the Spring cup lines up with the dot on the lip!!!

So there are 3 different indexes!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360942082813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360942082813.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 134
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360942099224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360942099224.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 134

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting those other pages

so damn confusing !!! but I think we can all be confident in the final answer

now I have to call my dealer and tell them they've also been giving out wrong info lol

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, ignote the drill start/dot on the lip on the etec clutches. The small circle replaces it. Most of the time they are in the same location, but not always....so go by the small circle only for movable sheave orientation....then the arrows and notch as in the past.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
I prefer to use a permanent black marker before I take it apart then I compare with Skidoo Service Manuals, if it ran smooth from the factory well line up your marks, but also interesting to see what the Skidoo Service Manual says
SOL & lots of questions if not done first, which is always annoying & irritating, although I read on Trygstad site that most 800R cranks are not balanced correctly, racers pull ring gear off (which is part of the clutch, etc) which will also affect crank/clutch balancing
I try to keep it stock as that is how it is sent with warranty from the factory but I am wondering about where & how to get things balanced (crank, rods, bearings pistons etc, then neutral balance clutch?) Just a thought to cause more confusion

Top Bottom