Throttle control

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snobunjis are worth their weight in gold. i was stuck pointing uphill, friend pulled beside my on his 174 turbo pro pointing down, hooks to my ski loop and his back bumper and he goes and it flips my sled on its back bumper as it goes past vertical i twisted the sled and jumped on. And he did this with his apparently crappy stock pro bumper.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...Sometimes i get mad knowing im about to get stuck and bury my back end in anger but i always regret it...don't do this haha. It does feel good for about a second though.

Truer words have never been written.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 on the roll over.
My first question is always can I roll this thing over without doing damage to it or myself?
even on my 06 summit ( which was a pig to start in the best of times ) its almost always better to roll it over and pull the cord a few extra times than to dump all the energy it takes to shovel and/or lift the sled out.
parking downhill and/or in another track should always be your first defence as well

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ride with 2 big guys, preferably +200lb. the little 130lb guys usually contribute little. buy a snowbungy, best sledding investment ever.
ditch banging is really good practise.
learn the roll over technique.
practise wing nut turns, standing in stirps,on one 1 running board, and standing beside the sled dancing around you. figure 8's. all this can be done in a field. saves a ch!t day in the mtns.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the deep stuff I usually blurp the throttle three or four times to get it moving. Little more each time. Main thing it to keep the track from spinning. Took me a bunch of rides last season to learn this but once I did it is easy to do.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't spin the track to China. when you know you're not going to make it, before you come to a stop, push the sled away from you and jump off. this gives it a chance to get onto some fresh snow and lift out a bit. then all you need is a gentle pull on a ski loop, and ease into the throttle to engagement. again, don't spin to China. any noobs that I ride with that have to be told twice not to do this, do not get invited again. it's not rocket science. standing on the running boards with the throttle pinned and rocking back and forth does nothing, unless you are somewhere that you can spin to the dirt before you're running boards hang you up.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another one is when your climbing and not going to make it turn out before you come to a stop!Pointed straight up the hill and stuck with the ass end buried sucks!Every time in the mountains the wife pulls this stunt and it damn near ends up in the lawyers office!At least the hills are fairly small so I usually end up buying a new windshield or pointing out a new crack!But the silence on the way back into town=priceless!!LOL!!!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a new rider I was wondering if any one has some tips for us (Katie and myself) on how to get a sled moving in deep powder or when trying to get a sled moving again after being stuck or close to it. I've seen guys pin it and jump up and down at the same time.... seems to work. I try and give it a little brap and then feather it. I'm sure all sleds are a bit different with longer, wider tracks etc. but what works for you?

No problem Katie and yourself will get on the hill free throttle clinic this season we will hook up.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Momentum is king! And I always tell everyone this. Look where you want to not where you don't want to got!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Momentum is king! And I always tell everyone this. Look where you want to not where you don't want to got!

Yep 2 things the new riders should work on. If ya look at it ur gonna hit it. If ya think ya got enough momentum you prob don't so when in doulbt throttle her out.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm climbing and realize to late I can't turn around I like to pin it an pull as hard as I can backwards to get the front of the sled up in the air from that point it's a simple push downhill and away ya go this usually only works on really steep hills

Top Bottom