Thinking about buying pro. Want some advice.

Danocat

Reaction score
Ok, so I know you guys are going to love this. I have a cat right now that's been a lemon for me and I'm really thinking about getting a new pro. I was a Polaris fan back in the day and I'm thinking about going back. I ride an m1000 and I'm worried about not having the torque that I love so dearly. Any comments on the pro's? Are most happy with them?

dschwindt

Reaction score
I would never go back to any other. No offence to anyone but my father still rides a 2008 AC M8 162" and I have hopped on it and it is a world of difference. They are great sleds but the pro is so much more responsive and nimble, it may have a couple less HP compared to an AC 800 but you wont notice with the weight difference. Just my 2 cents.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you wont be dissapointed getting rid of that tank m1000. the pro is a nice sled. swap out the track and you have a decent sled. might not have the torque but you will enjoy it much more.

drag_it

Reaction score
i had a 2010 dragon and rode the pro last year when i got home i made my choice i bought the pro and love every thing about it i fine it easy to ride and gets me every where i need and want to go

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pro rmk 800 im riding is by far the best sled ive ever tested. I bought the pro, added a attitude adjustment garette turbo setup for cheaper then buying the stock cat, nytro, or etec. Cant get any better.

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
100% love my pro like everybody else said handles awesome and I came off a 09 dragon that handled really good. And yes has less hp then the cat, but coming off a m1000 is like going from a station wagon to a porsche. My pro is bone stock and not one time have I thought I needed more hp, it gets me everywhere I want to go.

Danocat

Reaction score
Are there a few small easy things that a guy can do to Increase the horse power a little bit. I other thing is that I'm a fairly big guy so I want to make sure there is enough power to keep up with everyone else

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there a few small easy things that a guy can do to Increase the horse power a little bit. I other thing is that I'm a fairly big guy so I want to make sure there is enough power to keep up with everyone else

I wouldn't worry about the power. No matter what anyone tries to tell you, this thing will run neck and neck with the other 2 800's out there. I came off a big bore mod and this thing works well enough to make me forget about it. Ride it stock first before throwing a bunch of money at it. You'll be happy.

Danocat

Reaction score
I guess at the end of the day I just want a sled that I can pull the rope and go with. Not have to tinker with all the freakin time.

polguy

Reaction score
Then you will love the Pro. I have 600 miles on my 2012 and have not even adjusted the suspension! Add a little oil and fuel once a day and expect the same mind blowing fun as the last time you hit the throttle!

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how BIG you are but im 220 plus all my gear and i love my 2012 pro 155 800. If i could do it again i would probably have went with the 163. I love tree riding so this is why i went with the 155. Rode a 163 last year and it handled very close to the 155.
I came off a 2010 summit 800 154last year. Good power on that sled but i hated the handling of it. Very flat feeling. not Nimble like the pro chassis.

to each his own.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you wont be dissapointed getting rid of that tank m1000. the pro is a nice sled. swap out the track and you have a decent sled. might not have the torque but you will enjoy it much more.

Maxwell From your avatar pic it appears that you are switching brands or is this just to help keep the people off your butt????

radar09

Reaction score
Dano the 163 will be a good sled for you stay with the pro unless you enjoy jumping and breaking your handle bars off again? Assault suspensions are better set up for riders who like to jump and play as I understand it, whereas the pro is better set up for laying over and boondocking I believe.

m1000db

Reaction score
I have both, kept my Cat but i wont be riding it in the hills anymore. So much less work to ride the Pro. attaching a vid of my son at frisby on saturday. He is 6.7 and near 300lbs dylans jump.AVI - YouTube

My 08 m1000 has a SLP pipe/ power commander... but the pro almost feels like more power?? think it is just the amazing clutching on the Pro.

Assaulter

Reaction score
I have been a Polaris Guy for 20 + years. I recently rode an 05 900 RMK 159" with all the added on SLP Performance Package, Holz Suspension etc. I bought an 11 Assault 155", and I'm here to tell you that this new Pro is the most incredible sled I have ever ridden! I am 285 lbs, and this sled hauls ass stock, and will leave you with a huge grin on your face! The only drawback I can tell you about, is the issues with the mid & high end bog issue. I'm currently going through this with mine, and Polaris has stated that they are going back to Bosch Injectors, and a different Mapping in the 2012 sleds to cure this problem. Buy one....you won't regret it! :)

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
My 09 dragon was a 155" and I got the 163" Pro and was very glad I went to 163. I too like riding the trees and you have just that little bit more of float. One thing I have noticed is that it don't feel like theres 163 inch track underneath you. I can throw it around like nothing and I am only 5'10" 180lbs soaking wet.

Top Bottom