the offical 2015 Revelstoke Vintage Ride

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is boys and girls the much anticipated Revelstoke Vintage ride on March 14/15 on Boulder, with the club snow drags on March 15t the following day. This year's ride promises to be awesome with the help of some volunteers stepping forward, as anyone that has put to together an event especially a unique event as this knows. So blow the dust off ole grampa's sled or anything that runs, and get involved with an event that oozes camaraderie amongst all brands with participates from 3 provinces. This year looks like more vintage performance sleds showing up with even more involvement with proper vintage suits or themed groups. Your more than welcome to share pictures or video's from previous years just let the people who have never witnessed a truly fun unique vintage ride as this.

This is a photo of the poster, as the pdf file is to large to upload

Attachments

• 2015 vintage ride.jpg
    2015 vintage ride.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 748

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole event is awesome!! I am trying to round up a ride for this year but time is running out. Anyone got a nice '70s El Tigre 5000, an Enticer, or something cool out there for sale? :)

Black Rhino

Reaction score
Thanks so much for posting looks like a lot of fun!

well here it is boys and girls the much anticipated revelstoke vintage ride on march 14/15 on boulder, with the club snow drags on march 15t the following day. This year's ride promises to be awesome with the help of some volunteers stepping forward, as anyone that has put to together an event especially a unique event as this knows. So blow the dust off ole grampa's sled or anything that runs, and get involved with an event that oozes camaraderie amongst all brands with participates from 3 provinces. This year looks like more vintage performance sleds showing up with even more involvement with proper vintage suits or themed groups. Your more than welcome to share pictures or video's from previous years just let the people who have never witnessed a truly fun unique vintage ride as this.

This is a photo of the poster, as the pdf file is to large to upload

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dusty looks good... i will dust off my vintage big red Polaris 1200 cc .... luv ta here them twin pipes crackle in the wind.... might even wear the Medusa helmet....... what time dooo we meet parking lot or cabin.......

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well here's the vastly improved poster and the t-shirt's will have this picture on the back to those who preregister.
182968d1422037287-official-revy-riding-conditions-2014-15-vintage-ride-new.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today's the last day to pre-register so you'll have a t-shirt waiting for you. Some of the trophies are being made as we type, and there's room for about another 8 custom trophies if anyone wants to build one to donate. Powderpuff should have pictures of last years trophies. Trails we be great for vintage!!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
See you all there.
Dusty i should be fine not registering to ride the Snow scoot threw the Days parking lot again.....

Man that was a blast of a pre vintage ride day....lol.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that want to know the class structure for the vintage ride Saturday, they are as follow with trophies
Pre -70 sleds
70-75 era
76-80 era
81-85 era
86-90 era
90-94 era
hard luck
Best dressed oem vintage clothing
Best dressed theme outfit
Oldest rider
Farthest travelled
Best rat sled
Overall crowd favorite rider
This is shaping up to be the best ride yet, and I still could use some more custom built trophies, if anyone wants to create and donate.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone has a really really old scrap track kicking around, they could probably cut a section out of it and somehow make a nice "plaque" as a trophy to hang on a wall.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For those that want to know the class structure for the vintage ride Saturday, they are as follow with trophies
Pre -70 sleds
70-75 era
76-80 era
81-85 era
86-90 era
90-94 era
hard luck
Best dressed oem vintage clothing
Best dressed theme outfit
Oldest rider
Farthest travelled
Best rat sled
Overall crowd favorite rider
This is shaping up to be the best ride yet, and I still could use some more custom built trophies, if anyone wants to create and donate.

I doo have a pair of Arctic Cat bibs for sale....................early 70's. Darn good shape for a vintage pair.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it's a few more days till the vintage ride and drags on Sunday in Revy. Weather looks fine, and it's spring like condition. So come out with anything that runs, cause you'll probably be able to cover the same ground as a T3!! lol Registration starts 8:30 Saturday morning at the Boulder parking lot.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we need some pics! I'm still sulking because I was unable to attend.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we had 55 sleds registered, it was a great day and the Big Eddy was packed for the awards. The winners were
1969 and older=Ed Lawrence 1968 Skidoo Olympic 399 with electric start
1970-75= Edie Ledin 1975 Ski-doo Olympic 340
1976-79= Corey Nicholson 1979 Polaris Centurion 500
1980-84= Jay McNeil 1983 Polaris Indy 600
1985-90= Don Carbonie 1985 Ski-doo Formula Mx
1991-94= Sheldon Koenigbaur 1993 Yamaha V-max 4 750
Best oem costume=Eric Pfiefer with his and hers 1968 John Deere suits
Best costume theme= Ryan Austin and his John Deere race team
Oldest rider (combining age of rider and sled) =Ken Baker and his 1979 Yamaha Srx 440
Hard luck= Paul Vangoe his Alpine, Skiroule, and Snow Pony all broke down
Farthest travelled= Ryan Munroe 1969 Skidoo Olympic Winnipeg
And also a special thanks to the following businesses for creating the custom trophies
The Accessory Shop
Tracks Canada
JRK Works Moto Sports
Grants Performance
Quality Construction
Trukars Automotive
Infinite Powersports
And for the Snowball Express competition, there was no clear winner as everyone was cheating!!! Just kidding, this went over really well and the course will be awesome next year. Mark your calendars, March 5th, 2016 with a whole weekend of vintage activities.
I'd like to thank all the riders for supporting this event, the Revelstoke Club for the awesome grooming and of course the great camaraderie shown on the hill and a special thanks to the guys that towed me up and down and kept me warm when I was pooched!

CYA NEXT MARCH 5th, 2016

I just dropped off my film rolls at the drugstore for developing, so if anyone has any pics or vids please feel free to post here!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom