The official "1st annual vintage snowmobile ride Revelstoke"

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I've had this in my head for years and the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club passed a motion to allow me to organize the first annual vintage sled ride in revelstoke at Boulder on the weekend of April 7-8/12. The main action will be the ride on saturday with double grooming that day. As to classifications, everyone is welcome. Vintage will be 15 years older, and then there will be the springer class( leaf springs), and I'd really like to see some in the rat class which would be for example a 1971 panther stock appearing except it'll have a 1 x 136 track with a 550 fan motor or liquid motor. This thread will evolve as more info comes on board, with pricing, and hopefully a fun night at the community centre. So don't hestiate on questions or suggestions or sharing pictures of your ride for that week-end. What's the chances of making this a sticky?

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea! I'll break out the 1977 Yamaha Enticer 300 Special Twin!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job! I have a bunch of 60's and 70's Sno Jets for sale that would be great for this.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The community centre is available for saturday night, and I'm pretty confident in getting 100 -125 sledders. Question being what would be a reasonable fee for the ride and evening for awards per person, and what would you expect or want? Just throwing it out there and all monies go to the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club, and I do want to make this a fun annual event!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here's the rough copy of poster. To make it easier everything will be on boulder. $30 entry, includes trail pass, first hand on poker run, entry for show and shine at the cabin. Starts at 9:00 am and I'll give you till noon to get to the cabin. There'll be 6 groomed out lanes to line up the sleds in meadow for viewing and judging and probably a lot of BS'ing, from noon till 2:00pm. At 3:00 the winners will be announced at the cabin. At that point your free to enjoy the rest of the day on the hill, and it'll be groomed again for return trip down. Being it's 5 weeks away, I'm still open to ideas, volunteers, and donations of prizes or trophies. You can call/text me at 403-850-5266 or e-mail me at 8505266@gmail.com.
dusty poster scan.jpg

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here's the rough copy of poster. To make it easier everything will be on boulder. $30 entry, includes trail pass, first hand on poker run, entry for show and shine at the cabin. Starts at 9:00 am and I'll give you till noon to get to the cabin. There'll be 6 groomed out lanes to line up the sleds in meadow for viewing and judging and probably a lot of BS'ing, from noon till 2:00pm. At 3:00 the winners will be announced at the cabin. At that point your free to enjoy the rest of the day on the hill, and it'll be groomed again for return trip down. Being it's 5 weeks away, I'm still open to ideas, volunteers, and donations of prizes or trophies. You can call/text me at 403-850-5266 or e-mail me at 8505266@gmail.com.
View attachment 123912
That's a nice shot of you and Armand Bombardier doubling there.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have a vintage sled to enter, but I'm sure I got some free time to help out.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, caught up to Armand at the sled shed fixing there steering up. lol

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be riding the 2013 Doo's that weekend. Guess I wont be making it.

xp mountainrider

Reaction score
Guys, Awesome idea. One Question I have is whats the altiitude at the Cabin in Boulder? Will the sleds run okay to get upthere with out Jetting? I am not an Expert on the Vintage sleds. So Just wondering.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds interesting...... whish i knew this sooner it dont leave me much time to get two sleds going for the wife and i.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will have elevation notes and route planned out this weekend. will post up asap!

Top Bottom