the last time my skidoo was towed off the mountain

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only had one sled towed off the mountain. 3 flown out, 2 ridden out on one cylinder, probably a couple with broken secondary rollers riden out. Have towed a few doos and AC

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is only one brand I never had to drag off the hill....yamaha....and my MM700 and Nytro towed a bunch of doo's poo's and cats out over the years.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my apex towed off the mountain in Kakwa. Snow was skinny, I was on cleanup and a very small creek by border town, I stopped dead while crossing. Didn’t think much of it. Backed up, crawled over a rock and off to the cabin.
Snow was awesome, deep that day. Cross the lake at Mach stupid, get to the cabin. We had the kids with us so we went to Wapuman Lake to play on. Everyone was getting stuck, it was deep. I just put the MCX kit on so let’s give it a go! Grab a hand full and the track started to ratchet. Try again, and bang! Look down, oil all over the place. The rock I hit in the creek crossing hit hard enough that it broke the drive axle. But it kept it together for quite a long time. Luckily someone had a toboggan at the cabin that we borrowed.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is only one brand I never had to drag off the hill....yamaha....and my MM700 and Nytro towed a bunch of doo's poo's and cats out over the years.
Only two brands I have towed off the mountain more than once Arctic Cat two times and Yamahaha three times

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every brand breaks down and eventually everyone will deal with someone in their group having a dead sled. If you don’t believe that, why do ALL dealerships of all brands have service departments that are busy, busy, busy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a Cat, Doo and Poo on the rope before. ch!t happens unfortunately. Only reason why I've never had a yammy get towed is because I've never owned one.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. Was a great pilot. $800 scenic flight over the Renshaw.
Gary owns Yellowhead and used to be a avid sledder in the old days,great guy.We hired him to scope out new terrain in the exploring days,drainages that look doable are total different when you try climbing up them.

Top Bottom