maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19 years ago

100_1761.JPG

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My last time being towed off was is 2019 allen down in a drainage caught a stump folded boths rails and blew tbe bogeys off, never been so happy to see the cabin before lol

Attachments

• 066FD097-5300-4C9B-A955-C371268F4AD6.png
    066FD097-5300-4C9B-A955-C371268F4AD6.png
    538 KB · Views: 175

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had a sled let alone a skidoo towed off the mountain. Maybe next year I’ll have a skidoo towed off the mountain, thinking of snow checking a new g5 turbo, it would be the first doo ever for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had a sled let alone a skidoo towed off the mountain. Maybe next year I’ll have a skidoo towed off the mountain, thinking of snow checking a new g5 turbo, it would be the first doo ever for me.

Should have the right gears in it by then you’ll be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have the right gears in it by then you’ll be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s my hope and reasoning for waiting on a 2024 g5, I can buy a 23 g5 turbo expert for 22 all in with 140km and warranty until Jan of 2025 off a buddy right now. But it’s a 165 length and has the crappy gears and chain….. I want a 154 anyways, already have a 165 alpha turbo so no need for another long track

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2003 Rev 800 mod sled I built for way to much money. Was climbing a hill in Keystone and hit a rock and tore the LH an arm right off.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

It’s been many years since I was towed home. This family day thought I got close. It was just my son (13 years old) and me way up in chest deep pow along way from anywhere. It was just me and him on this whole mountain and I blew a belt on my 22 turbo and it blew a hole threw my belly pan and even bent up the aluminum that holds the belly pan. My son had to build me road for about 2 miles to get out since the clutch would just pack with snow. We did make it out alright but there was some tense moments. I couldn’t let him get farther than I could walk through that deep of snow at a time because he couldn’t get himself unstuck and then we would be separated. We made some smart decisions early in the day so we were mostly downhill off the mountain but when your clutch packs with snow the slightest hill seems like a massive hill climb.

Attachments

• IMG_4927.MOV
    55.2 MB

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s been many years since I was towed home. This family day thought I got close. It was just my son (13 years old) and me way up in chest deep pow along way from anywhere. It was just me and him on this whole mountain and I blew a belt on my 22 turbo and it blew a hole threw my belly pan and even bent up the aluminum that holds the belly pan. My son had to build me road for about 2 miles to get out since the clutch would just pack with snow. We did make it out alright but there was some tense moments. I couldn’t let him get farther than I could walk through that deep of snow at a time because he couldn’t get himself unstuck and then we would be separated. We made some smart decisions early in the day so we were mostly downhill off the mountain but when your clutch packs with snow the slightest hill seems like a massive hill climb.
awesome life skills teaching right there, good for you.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw. Back then you could ride in the helicopter to your sled. That’s Paul in the pic. His 670 blew up the next winter nearly in the same spot. But his we towed out which is a story that is way to long to type out.
I remember his sled having like 12” risers on it back then

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had to tow my sled off the mountain but I did have a buddy grenade the diamond drive on his M8 way back in Allen a number of years ago. We towed it as far as we could but the snow and hills were so packed and icy he ended up having it choppered off the next day. Some dickhead decided to rob his belt, plugs and tools off it before it was picked up.

Top Bottom