scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does everyone deal with these, ignore or amuse yourself
C9018A2B-9687-4227-8E85-99F46BF357A6.png

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too funny….. I don’t get a lot of text scammers, but when I do I bock them right away

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sh!tty thing is these scams work. Had an elderly family friend loose almost $40k a couple months ago to the Amazon account scam. They managed to get into 2 bank accounts plus a credit card. Money was traced to India.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On these I'm not sure.

The above situation was a phone call of someone pretending there was a false charge on an Amazon account and they were going to reverse it. Just needed the credit card info. Once they seen how easy that was, they called back a few days later and wound up with bank account info.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On these I'm not sure.

The above situation was a phone call of someone pretending there was a false charge on an Amazon account and they were going to reverse it. Just needed the credit card info. Once they seen how easy that was, they called back a few days later and wound up with bank account info.

That sucks. Hopefully they get the money back. Credit card company should be easy, bank probably would too. Bank card got skimmed in Mexico and they stole a bunch of my money. But the bank paid me back.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Hopefully they get the money back. Credit card company should be easy, bank probably would too. Bank card got skimmed in Mexico and they stole a bunch of my money. But the bank paid me back.

Yeah they got it all back. Sh!tty the bank didn't catch it in the first place though. 40 years at the same bank and never an overseas transaction. And then suddenly in a week $40k goes to India?

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
world economics must be getting to these scammers too. I just had the call that charges have been made on my credit card. Got to a person and said I would go online and check it out too while he on the phone...he told to F off, lol

Top Bottom