Munster finger people

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying a ft this season. Like the idea of being able to reposition it / flip it around but am curious how people are dealing with the grip heater wire? Suggestions?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grip wire exits on the bar at the 1 o'clock position... with ft installed at 5 o'clock position the grip wire is tight in the recess in the ft mounting block (yes I know I can reinstall heater element so that it's rotated to align more closely).

I can route the wire over the ft mount but it becomes more likely to get busted as the connection becomes more exposed ...

In either case still wondering how people are able to reposition the ft without interfering with the grip wire - ie going from 3 o'clock to 5 o'clock and even around to thumb position without interfering with the grip wire?

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I found the best placement for the finger throttle is quite a bit more toward the center of the bars and down than you would think. There is a notch in the finger throttle and on the Polaris there is enough slack to get it into that notch no problem for how I like it adjusted. Not sure about Doo and Cat.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the factory throttle turned around and when standing which is almost all of the time, the throttle is pretty far down to keep it inline with my hand.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a FT on my 15’ summit, don’t recall any issues with the wiring position at installation. I don’t mind the FT, but now I run a Powder freaks thumb throttle and I think I like it more. Its very much like a Quad throttle flipper, I thought it was kinda dumb until I rode with one and Now it just seems Natural.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20231209_224209.jpg

This is on my Sidewinder, but assume similar for all brands. They have a notch to run your heated grip wire through.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments - but as originally noted I am aware of the recess in the block for the wire ;) but it still doesn't provide for a great amount of latitude to rotate the ft further down without reinstalling the grip element with the wires repositioned.

The issue is mostly due to the heat shrink applied where the grip element transitions from the flat 3 wire into the protective loom. The heat shrink creates a "semi rigid" section in the wire right in the area where the ft mounts. The loomed section is more flexible.

Assumed others had run into same issues...so yes I know it slips in the slot
05b251c22042801c7b1f578d58aba8af.jpg

9a5ed1f1d2b3732ec088c1a327c03b06.jpg

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats going to be your personal comfort thing. So if you like it rotated more down you might need to readjust your grip heater accordingly.

Top Bottom