catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only text 911 not anybody else
1672683147543.png

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might get me to upgrade from the old Iphone 6... one less device to carry. Is there a charge per "emergency" message?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starlink has announced they will be offering cell connectivity from their sat network in 2023. Worldwide coverage, no dead spots for calls and texts. Exciting times.
That will be the end of all the other back country communication devices. USB port in sled and charge as you drive.
E-bike has a charging port to charge phone.
Way simpler.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they put a decent battery in them.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never brought my phone cause there usually no service where we ride. But this year I put the skidoo USB kit ($65.00) in my sled, and have my new to me Zoleo plugged in, as well I'm packing my phone. I make sure the phones charged, then leave it on Airplane mode till I need to send a text via the Zoleo. Also, I have spare helmet light battery plugged in for the late late evenings.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stripped down mountain sled with race hood, no glove box i dont even have a kill switch or high low beam or any of that chit on the bars.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stripped down mountain sled with race hood, no glove box i dont even have a kill switch or high low beam or any of that chit on the bars.
Lookout we have a badass over here.
Just funnin' ya buddy.

trust to Elon he'll get you out of the backcountry. better not be outside that geofence area though eh or he sends the patagonia police to neutralize you.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookout we have a badass over here.
Just funnin' ya buddy.

trust to Elon he'll get you out of the backcountry. better not be outside that geofence area though eh or he sends the patagonia police to neutralize you.

Ive been waiting my whole life for elon to open up the back country for me.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked a up 14 yesterday on telus boxing week sale -$360 on phone 24 month plan, satellite texting no charge for 24 months. Tested out the demo version of satellite works aok out the front window of the house, have 3 contacts set up to receive information along with 911.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cord and little Lithium charger battery...

My pencil charger will charge my cell phone 3 X's easy on the coldest of days...

Cell/ sat phone communications is soon too follow...

They will allow 911 for now,,, then add updates too the system over the years...

Hard too belive that our simple cell phones will out perform the computer's of yesterday...

The whole world in the palm of the hand,,, bet 10 too 1 that God would of liked a system like this...

He could of built the universe and world in 1 day instead of taking 7 days... lol

Good times for sure

Top Bottom