Technical Riding competition

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome chris you are an amazing rider love watching your parts in the vids man! rite now it's not around cranbrook or anywere in the south east part as we got rain to the top as well! going to golden this weekend should be dry and deep hopefully. would love to have you along for one of the rides chris if you are interested in it

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice man welcome to the group we have some pretty gnarly gps coordinates posted so far i'm sure you know of a few nasty spots to try and break into

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bad...I thought it was a competition to see who the best technical rider was...and a lot of people seem to think it's him.

LOL yeah, he's an OK rider I guess........

OK OK.... he's a pretty wicked rider, not taking anything away from the guy, but that's like bringing an anti-aircraft gun to an arm wrestling match isn't it?

:D

T-BO

Reaction score
I love the idea! I'm in if the dates are in my favor!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soft and dry in the Kootenays! :d:d:d:d:d:d

This contest sounds a lot like Meteor Mine hillclimbs... Some video of it is on this year's Thunderstruck and Krazy Canadian.

There is a course set up at the bottom with some tight turns and jumps.
You have to pas through some markers at the bottom of the hill, but then you can chose your line up through the trees... It's a pretty steep pull.
It's based on best time.
There are classes, 600, 800, 1000 and mod... Only one 600 made it out last year.
Lots of obstacles, cliffs, trees etc... and always lots of wreckage!
It costs $10 to get in, and there are cash prizes for the racers.

I'll post when I know when it is this year, but it is always a lot of fun. Come on out and check out the gong show!!! Or ad to it ;)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soft and dry in the Kootenays! :d:d:d:d:d:d

This contest sounds a lot like Meteor Mine hillclimbs... Some video of it is on this year's Thunderstruck and Krazy Canadian.

There is a course set up at the bottom with some tight turns and jumps.
You have to pas through some markers at the bottom of the hill, but then you can chose your line up through the trees... It's a pretty steep pull.
It's based on best time.
There are classes, 600, 800, 1000 and mod... Only one 600 made it out last year.
Lots of obstacles, cliffs, trees etc... and always lots of wreckage!
It costs $10 to get in, and there are cash prizes for the racers.

I'll post when I know when it is this year, but it is always a lot of fun. Come on out and check out the gong show!!! Or ad to it ;)

Meteor is not that technical IMO, the bottom part moreso yes than the top but the top is just a straight pull. The course is like they used to run on the BCSF. The top part is steep and needs to be hit straight.

Here's a picture looking down from the top of Meteor.

Attachments

• Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 290

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya im checkin it out on my phone too, looks like a turbo hill if it has any kinda snow on it.

rsw84

Reaction score
ya definately need a more technical agenda..... less hill more trees and terrain

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at that photo on my phone is hard. To tell will a stock 800 make the pull?

That particular pull? No...... ;) LOL

I don't think its what you are looking for as a "technical" rider.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya heard the about and seen the meteor mines climb on the follow cam video looks good but not exactly what we are looking for. looking for more of some real technical areas to try and break trail into stuff you have been scouting and just wondering what it would be like back there thats the stuff we are after. well guys in the group some great coordinates so far!

Top Bottom