Swan Hills

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might join you there booger will see what the wif says

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Windy as hell up there today, should be lots of hard drifts to jump off/smash into. Snow is disappearing but not as bad as home.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Three of us were in Swan Hills today,you wont find any better snow around here.The guys I went with are new to sledding and we spent about two hours on a kilometre stretch of untouched just west of town, it was too much for them so we kinda stuck to the travelled areas after that.I will end this post with a great maintenance tip,check the rubber saddles in your skies every now and then. I lost one today and was flying down the shoulder of the hwy on my way back to the truck,the ski folded over forward and catapulted me down the hwy,I landed on my face on the hwy and the sled did a couple endoes and landed on its roof on the shouder.What i can see for damage is three a-arms,bent shock,Split open tub and will see what else I can find in the light.I always go over my sled before a ride and have never paid much attention to those damn rubbers,but after that I will now.
Time for some Capt Morgans pain reliever,other than that,go to Swan Hills ,its awsome!
catmando!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow sounds like quite the spill catmando, I was actually thinking about that happening the other day, kinda weird, thats good you walked away

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thx,I was extremly lucky for sure,A little road rash and some sore bones,Can you believe the two first vehicles just drove right bye,thanks too the 3 guys that did stop,all in seperate trucks,was very helpfull.
catmando!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That ditch got me on Saturday too. I jumped a road at 45-50 mph. When I landed in the deep snow on the other side I bumped the kill switch and cartwheeled then my sled ran me over. I ate ch!t but never got hurt. I Was lucky. I also am riding with a torn meniscus in my knee and could have messed it up worse. Sounds like you were super lucky.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found enough snow to get a pro stuck 1/8 mile from the truck. Broke my cat 3 miles from the truck but not before getting stuck of course. Lost my child in some trenches a few times. Good ole times!

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360268534.274486.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360268565.581971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
[h=2]Warnings[/h]Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills
8:38 AM MST Wednesday 13 February 2013
Snowfall warning for
Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills issued

Up to 20 cm of snow expected over the Swan Hills.

A low pressure center tracked through Northern Alberta last night bringing 10 to 15 cm of snow to the Swan Hills. Snow continues to fall with 20 cm expected before snow tapers off this afternoon. Strong winds of 40 gusting to 70 km/h are combining with the snow to give locally reduced visibilities.

Travellers may call 511 for road conditions.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
fawk & we got sno-mo days this weekend...

Warnings

Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills
Snowfall warning for

A low pressure center tracked through Northern Alberta last night bringing 10 to 15 cm of snow to the Swan Hills. Snow continues to fall with 20 cm expected before snow tapers off this afternoon. Strong winds of 40 gusting to 70 km/h are combining with the snow to give locally reduced visibilities.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be there pretty much all weekend ... Ill try and take some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjenner

Reaction score
Wheres a good starting point in the big triangle for lots of snow right now, i've started from the swan hills side a couple times.
thx

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warnings

Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills
Snowfall warning for

got rain last night, nothing but wind and sun today here.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much effect is this warm weather and no snow gonna have on the rally and the trails this weekend? already got the hotel booked... just wonderin if we should cancel

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much effect is this warm weather and no snow gonna have on the rally and the trails this weekend? already got the hotel booked... just wonderin if we should cancel

Trails are in great shape. Grooming the south one in the morning.

Black08Brute

Reaction score
10 min North of Swan recieved about 10" of snow yesterday with strong winds, Any place with trees should be real good

Top Bottom