Swan Hills

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be there pretty much all weekend ... Ill try and take some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey slednk do u mind another person riding with yah tomorrow buddy just bailed on our McBride trip prob gonna head out in morning ??

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I won't be going saterday because my handle bars like the horns on a brahma bull lol .... But I might be going Sunday but for sure Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going Monday .......... So far wife said maybe lol b

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys go next Sat I might join again too if ya don't mind. Keep me in the loop. I would like to go tomorrow but buddies want to stay closer to town.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been down the Goose Tower road in the last couple days? Is it frozen still or has it starting getting muddy and nasty? Going out to Swan Sunday and was wanting to stage at km 28 of the Goose but will be pulling the encolsed out so dont wanna go down there if its nasty, also If anyone else is planning on going out Sunday, the more the merrier, looking like only two of us in our group, will be in a blue 13 ram 1500 pulling a white 3 place enclosed, riding an 11 m8 and 11 etec xp

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just there this past weekend & unloaded at km 28 on goose tower road which was plowed & parking lot was good. Awesome conditions, grader banks taller than the roof of the truck in places, it reminded me of heading for powderking. Rode our last day north west of swanhills & was 60 miles of awesome, just stay off the main trail & enjoy waste deep all day cheers

gads91

Reaction score
there is enough that im riding my etec 154 up there. find a place no one has been around 3-4 feet

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn wish I seen this earlier,got my sled back today after the last bit of bad luck I had in Swan Hills,would have made plans to head up there,mayby monday or tuesday if anyone is interested.
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well if i can find someone to travel up there with mon or tues i would go for sure,going with a group tomorro,will see if I can talk one of them into it,anyone else interested let me know.
catmando!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the goose yesterday, lots of snow thats for sure but very set up in places, found a couple areas out there holding 150+cm, this was at 4860' ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361801124.676540.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361801162.287449.jpg

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince a buddy to come up there sunday with me but neither of us know where to go. Lol. Can't seem to find that info anywhere, would be good to head up with someone who knows.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Wife and I went up today. We drove to the gas plant road 1km north of town and staged at the weigh scale @ km 28. Ton of snow back there wind blown and set up in most places, found some untouched spots but they prooved to be too much for just the wife and I on a leisurely day first stuck in the untoched dropped my track 5 feet into sugar snow but could have been worse because the creek was at least 8'. we managed to find some nice areas in the trees with a good base in most spots and 18" fresh on top, got cocky in that area at the end of the day and found a spot with no base, that one took almost an hour to get out of. Overall a great day I'm beat..

20130301_123708.jpg 20130301_141813.jpg 20130301_152909.jpg

Swan Hills is under a heavy snowfall warning and is expecting 15cm by Tomorrow night...

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
[h=2]Warnings[/h]Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills
3:31 PM MST Friday 01 March 2013
Snowfall warning for
Whitecourt - Edson - Fox Creek - Swan Hills issued

Significant snowfall amounts expected this weekend.

A series of upper disturbances that have generated significant snowfall amounts in Jasper and Banff will start moving into Grande Cache by this evening.

A stronger Pacific disturbance currently observed over the Gulf Of Alaska will move into Southern Alberta Saturday afternoon. As the energy associated with the impulse moves into Alberta, a low pressure system will develop bringing additional heavy snowfall into Grande Cache, Edson and the Mountain Parks. Over 20 centimetres of snow is expected to fall by Sunday afternoon.

Please use the Twitter hashtag #abstorm to report severe weather to Environment Canada

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince a buddy to come up there sunday with me but neither of us know where to go. Lol. Can't seem to find that info anywhere, would be good to head up with someone who knows.

I don't know the area like some but have always found my way around. Know staging area's Arron's town and stuff also.

Top Bottom