Swan Hills

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How close to a costco or walmart do you want to be?
An hour? 2 hours?
Whitecourt is a pretty decent place as mentioned. AS much as it blows just gotta get on the ol realtor.ca and start looking
Don't shop at either of those stores lol.
I've been searching, there's a few properties that might be a fit. Just need to find a weekend to take a road trip once the snows gone. Springs is good to look at properties to see if it's a swamp or not.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't shop at either of those stores lol.
I've been searching, there's a few properties that might be a fit. Just need to find a weekend to take a road trip once the snows gone. Springs is good to look at properties to see if it's a swamp or not.

how about even further north? Greater slave lake in the NWT.
Ever see that show ice lake rebels?

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve always thought the Yukon would be a cool place to live. The Last Frontier kinda deal. Heard it ain’t cheap though. And hard to find work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve always thought the Yukon would be a cool place to live. The Last Frontier kinda deal. Heard it ain’t cheap though. And hard to find work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Talked to a Friend who went to Whitehorse last summer. Lots of Liberal minded people, main employer is the government.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a Friend who went to Whitehorse last summer. Lots of Liberal minded people, main employer is the government.

I've worked up there a few times, that's true to an extent, there's redneck conservative hillbillies up there too.

Unfortunately they had a big influx of people from the lower mainland during Covid escaping the city, that brought with them their liberal ideas and bought up property helping to drive up prices. Not that there wasn't liberals there before though.

I'd live there, but your a 22hr drive to Edmonton, and most of the flights route through Vancouver. And the wife said no.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240403_180902_Facebook.jpg

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or move into the wilds too live in a tent and hunt black bears...

The Swan offers it all,,, and P. & D said he"d supply the beer if We help him find a landing ...

Lol

Mighty nabourly of yha pilgrim...

Knock Knock,,, who's there,,, its your kin folk,,, let us in...

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edson looks like it might have some truly awake folks...

I’ve spent a fair amount of time there (only in summer) didn’t seem too bad of spot.

Top Bottom