Stolen Sled - Mistaken Identity

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Stolen sled

huh, thats kinda funny, now theres no real proof it stolen and there withholding personal property without just cause....huh

Wouldn't you know it... someone at the RCMP detachment in Red Deer entered a wrong letter into their report of a stolen sled and that wrong letter was enough to have the reported serial number match my buddies sled. Yes the dealer was right about everything and in fact pushed the issue till it was cleared up. I am sure that they were instrumental in the quick return of the sled to it's new owner and because of that, I would deal with them in a heart beat. The RCMP confiscated a sled off of private property that was rightfully owned plus the owner had insurance, registration and a bill of sale from a dealership to prove it was his. The RCMP told my pal that the associated costs will be taken care of by them and his sled is now back in his garage so he's pretty happy. Take note: The dealership went out of their way to have this straightened out and they were great to deal with so cudos to Marten Equipment on the northside, they were stand-up all the way especially considering that they didn't have to raise a finger but they handled it from begining to end. I hope that I am not in trouble for mentioning a name; I just want to show my friend's and my appreciation for their good work(I helped him pick out his first mountain sled).:d

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cops are useless, They are only good at harrassing working people.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Hopefully the RCMP have rectified the mix up and the actual stolen sled in this case has Since been properly documented. I would hate to have my stolen sled "not actually reported" as being stolen:eek: KUDOS to Martin North for standing ground ;);):beer:

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

let me guess you never made a mistake. it isn't the cops that made the mistake. they are doing their job. seems everybody gets pissed at them when they have something stolen and the cops do nothin. then when the cops do their job and it interferes with said persons life they are azzholes. whoever entered the number could have hit the 1 or the 2 instead of a zero or something. chit happens man. it sounds like they are taking care of it in the best way possible. making sure all ts are crossed and is are dotted before releasing the sled.

if it was your sled how would you fel if the cops just released it to jo blow cause he had an original bill of sale and it turned out that it was phoney.
put yourself in their position for a day i am sure your thoughts would be different

The cops new something was strange but had to follow the rules and my bud even told them that he was glad that they at least found it and if it was indeed stolen, was happy that the guy who lost his sled would get it back because he may not have had insurance. If mine is ever stolen I hope it's found that fast all though it was only located quickly because my pal registered it.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

good to hear the sled is back and really good to hear that Marten Motorsports didnt sell you a stolen sled! Good for them for doing everything they could to make sure the issue was solved and solved properly! And good work to the rcmp I'm usually the first to get pissed at them for being useless but hey they sure stepped up here even though it was a mistake atleast they actually cared about the stolen sled!!!

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It all worked out in the end and yes Martin Motorsports did an awesome job at helping out my friend when they didn't have to.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I guess this thread should be renamed to "Sled is not stolen - The Queen's Cowboys screwed up"

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so the guy that had his sled stolen .... the cops phoned tells him we found your stolen sled happier than you know what then cops phone him back says oops
how pissed is he

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so the guy that had his sled stolen .... the cops phoned tells him we found your stolen sled happier than you know what then cops phone him back says oops
how pissed is he
that, and I wonder if the actual stolen sled was stopped at one of those check stop deals in the last 4 years, had the numbers run thru the computer and it came back as good....:eek:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Hats off to the martin motorsports team...... I feel for the rightful owner, the shock and disarray that must have happened.... I also feel for the owner that thought his sled was recovered(i'd be pissed)........doesn't take much to creat a clusterf$ck, that's for sure. One little typo and wham!!!!!!
To err is human, and it's human to err

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

are you a cop
Me!! Hell no, lol. I do have a brother in law that's an RCMP officer though. He's a pretty good guy. I get p@#sed at cops often, especially those idiots that tasered that guy at the Vancouver airport, and such. There are some good ones though. We don't hear much about them though, just the bad ones, like any occupation.

Top Bottom