Stolen Sled - Mistaken Identity

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Stolen sled

I'm no dealer but wouldn't you think they would run the VIN before taking anything into their ownership?? I've beeen trying to think of how this could be an honest mistake on the dealer's part....... sorry I got nothin! Please keep us posted as to how this turns out:tazz:

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I can't see how they wouldn't check the vin number when they take a sled on trade to see if is stolen or has been a write off or something. As for the story they told you about being the owners sled I imagine that happens a lot but just so happens these guys got busted pretty hard. I'm very curious as to what dealer this was cause ill never step foot in the place. Please keep us posted and I'm hoping it isn't martins cause I'm picking up a trailer there tomorrow.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Or did the dealer sell it then the "employee" reported it stolen???????:confused::rolleyes:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'd love to know which dealer this was... one more thing i make you more nervous about buying a used sled,, never mind bent tunnels, engine repairs or missing lugs now we gotta worry about them being "hot" haha wow this world never seems to stop amazing me.

You'd have to be some cocky to trade in a stolen sled, quite the gamble id think. Now would'nt they have the name of whom ever traded it in? or maybe there was some other dealings. who knows..

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

There are always two sides to a story.
Dealers are pretty good about protecting themselves, which in turn protects us.
This may not play out exactly as it seems right no.

That being said, if they were dishonest then they deserve to be taken to the cleaners.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There are always two sides to a story.
Dealers are pretty good about protecting themselves, which in turn protects us.
This may not play out exactly as it seems right no.

That being said, if they were dishonest then they deserve to be taken to the cleaners.

Whoa... are you yelling or just hit the crazy font button? ;)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (11 members and 0 guests)
Summitric, Demon13, woodym7, JLARSH, UkrainianMudKing, Luke The Drifter, Full Rated, junior750, rsaruk, WDP, Canadianking

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (11 members and 0 guests)
Summitric, Demon13, woodym7, JLARSH, UkrainianMudKing, Luke The Drifter, Full Rated, junior750, rsaruk, WDP, Canadianking

this is busier than a joey thread at an under 18 dance:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Whoa... are you yelling or just hit the crazy font button? ;)

I just got a little excited...lol...

I always side with honesty, I believe that 99% of all dealers and people are honest and most situations are misunderstanding or something the person/dealer selling the item did not know about.
But 1% are truly dishonest and deserve to suffer the consequences.
Trouble is I have a hard time remembering that in the thick of things (when it's my problem) and have been know to eat crow when it's found out that the situation is different than it appeared.

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would still like to know which dealer as I am currently shopping for a sled.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

could be just an administrive error.
I've had lots of jokers try to rip me off trading in stolen/written off/worn out stuff in my 10 year stint in the industry.
If an out of town guy wants to do a quick deal and get in and out in a day, my flag goes up, I wait for the lein search to come back clean, until then there is no deal.
If it is stolen, I'd bet the research was not done because it was a staff's sled and somebody on the adminstative side of things had the wool pulled over their eyes.

Harp

Reaction score

Would sure like an update. Very interesting subject.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That story of it being the owners sled is an old one. Bought my 08 Dragon in 2010 and got the same story. When I picked it up I asked again who owned it and the salesmen pointed to someone that just walked in and said he owned it. Bull Butter is what I said and explained it was supposed to be the owners sled and he said the owner never ran an 08 Dragon. Faak I hate the sales pitch.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

could be just an administrive error.
I've had lots of jokers try to rip me off trading in stolen/written off/worn out stuff in my 10 year stint in the industry.
If an out of town guy wants to do a quick deal and get in and out in a day, my flag goes up, I wait for the lein search to come back clean, until then there is no deal.
If it is stolen, I'd bet the research was not done because it was a staff's sled and somebody on the adminstative side of things had the wool pulled over their eyes.
I traded an '05 GSXR 750 that had been laid down for a brand new 2008 Honda CRF 230 at a dealership, let me tell you....they made sure everything was on the up and up before they would deal. they did everything short of calling me a criminal until it all came back clean.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I traded an '05 GSXR 750 that had been laid down for a brand new 2008 Honda CRF 230 at a dealership, let me tell you....they made sure everything was on the up and up before they would deal. they did everything short of calling me a criminal until it all came back clean.
once bitten twice shy baby

Must have hurt trading that Gixxer for a crf 230, I bought one for the wife a few years ago, she just killed it and then I got her a kx 125, now she's expecting and I have 2 bikes:d:d:d:d:d

Top Bottom