Stolen Sled - Mistaken Identity

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Stolen sled

once bitten twice shy baby

Must have hurt trading that Gixxer for a crf 230, I bought one for the wife a few years ago, she just killed it and then I got her a kx 125, now she's expecting and I have 2 bikes:d:d:d:d:d
lol...nah, that thing was a death trap. to ride those bikes like they are meant to be ridden would mean no more license in short order. the faster you rode it, the more stable it felt.

the wife is a noob on the bike, but I wanted her to start on a small dirt bike to get the feel of it and riding on 2 wheels, as well as clutching, shifting, and proper braking technique. going to graduate her to a dual sport for a while so she gets some pavement experience, and then when the kids are old enough to fend for themselves, we'll do the harley thing and go touring.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The only thing I can say is protect yourself by using this link

It is a link into the RCMP CPIC computer, for public use on running serial numbers. I have used it several times, buying, and showing people that the serial number is clear when selling

Here is the real kicker... the sled doesn't even show up as stolen and the sled was owned by the dealership's shop foreman! I think that the RCMP may have a serial number mix up happening there because the dealership stands behind the deal and told my buddy not to worry that they will handle it for him because the RCMP are wrong. The Constable who filed the report in Red Deer wasn't in yesterday so the wait continues. The previous owner has proof that he bought the sled new and it has never been in Red Deer.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i had a similar thing happen, cop entered wrong sereil number. Three alarm call. cops cars the whole nine yards

Yah that sucks. It's the same for him, cops, tow truck and all the neighbours watching.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Regardless of the outcome I think you should name the dealer that so blatantly lies to their customers. You may save the next guy the same grief and they need to learn a lesson in honesty.

You bet, I will name the dealer when my pal gets his due. But I have to say, at this point it really looks like the dealer is cool on this one because they are standing behind the sale %100 and said that my buddy will be taken care of. Once the dealer speaks with the Red Deer RCMP today who filed the report I am sure it'll be figured out quickly.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the update Chilly and sounds like quite the rigmarole. At least it happened before snowfall I suppose.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score

like i said earlier in the post... one wrong entry.. and its a four alarm fire. i would expect this may be worthy of speaking to staff sgt about. call red deer they will be able to figure it out today.

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You bet, I will name the dealer when my pal gets his due. But I have to say, at this point it really looks like the dealer is cool on this one because they are standing behind the sale %100 and said that my buddy will be taken care of. Once the dealer speaks with the Red Deer RCMP today who filed the report I am sure it'll be figured out quickly.

Your probably right in that someone misread a VIN or something. Glad to hear the dealer is behind the customer. You should definitely mention them then. Don't hear much good news anymore. :rolleyes:

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Or did the dealer sell it then the "employee" reported it stolen???????:confused::rolleyes:

After the dealer was notified by my pal that the sled had been confiscated by the RCMP, the guy who is employed by the dear and who also sold it to the dealer in Feb of 2010, went home and came back in with his original paper work. The machine wasn't on consignment either the dealer bought from their shop foreman and all paper work is in place so I really think that whoever filed the report made an error scribing the serial number or something. Hopefully by this Friday (Nov12) things will be much clearer.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hopefully it's just someone using fat fingers and screwed up on the vin #. Like bunny man said...two sides to every story :beer:

We'll find out by Friday and I am really hoping that you're right about the fat fingers.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score

where is the sled now
i would be taking this real serious, cops really dont like to be made fools of, i would be in the truck looking for the sled and taking a pic of seriel number and then driving to the offending police station and demanding an explanation. this is there job its not like tommorow is a better day to figure this stuff out.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

where is the sled now
i would be taking this real serious, cops really dont like to be made fools of, i would be in the truck looking for the sled and taking a pic of seriel number and then driving to the offending police station and demanding an explanation. this is there job its not like tommorow is a better day to figure this stuff out.

The cops would release the sleds new location to my buddy.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

where is the sled now

let me guess you never made a mistake. it isn't the cops that made the mistake. they are doing their job. seems everybody gets pissed at them when they have something stolen and the cops do nothin. then when the cops do their job and it interferes with said persons life they are azzholes. whoever entered the number could have hit the 1 or the 2 instead of a zero or something. chit happens man. it sounds like they are taking care of it in the best way possible. making sure all ts are crossed and is are dotted before releasing the sled.

if it was your sled how would you fel if the cops just released it to jo blow cause he had an original bill of sale and it turned out that it was phoney.
put yourself in their position for a day i am sure your thoughts would be different

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score

huh, thats kinda funny, now theres no real proof it stolen and there withholding personal property without just cause....huh

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

As I said way back, sometimes the situation is not as it seems...
Give the cops a break, I'd rather have them looking and making a mistake then not looking at all for fear of making a blunder.

Sled may not be stolen as first thought...
Serial number may have been transposed

Human errors are human!!!

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

before badmouthing the cops, lets give them a little credit. This is the closest they have ever come to finding a stolen sled.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

huh, thats kinda funny, now theres no real proof it stolen and there withholding personal property without just cause....huh

did the vin not come back as a stolen unit????????
i think that is just cause

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As I said way back, sometimes the situation is not as it seems...
Give the cops a break, I'd rather have them looking and making a mistake then not looking at all for fear of making a blunder.

Sled may not be stolen as first thought...
Serial number may have been transposed

Human errors are human!!!

Sledbunny is right aleast they took the time to try and get someone's stolen sled back even though it sounds like a mistake.:beer:

Top Bottom