start of the new build

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin sweet, Fred. Put a "turbo specific" ramp beside a 415 or 413 for me would ya? I'm curious.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock tra loaded with spring and weights but with out starter ring gear comes in at 2.8 lbs heavier, with starter ring is closer to 4lbs more

3lbs... really? that seems like alot, over 20% lighter!

yes dave once i get the ramps i will grab a picture, motor finished and should start on install this weekend, foot stir-ups might be somewhat a challenge, and will need some modding to work with c3 footrest and robbey case... fox floats installed, thanks barry...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing on doing the pistons, we found pto piston starting to break along ring gland, everything else looked good inside motor...

motor installed, used the engine tech thermostat instead of stocker, 30 percent better flow, new location of rads makes it for a cleaner install

xyz measurment was very close but needed a small shim on secondary

trying out a carbon fiber brake rotor and pads from Patrick Custom Carbon ? Online Store his product looks top notch and fit and finish is sweet

got back the stock pipe from Top Gun Coatings and also looks very sweet

received and installed turbo from aerocharger and i want to thank brad for the porting and other secrets hes done to it, looks sweet

still waiting on bellypans, billet wheels, and new style airbox to make it here... getting closer

Attachments

• 775.jpg
    775.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 647
  • 874.jpg
    874.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 639
  • 878.jpg
    878.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 655
  • 879.jpg
    879.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 646
  • 880.jpg
    880.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 662
  • 881.jpg
    881.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 653
  • 883.jpg
    883.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 644
  • 884.jpg
    884.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 647

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fred, your build looks great....but I am gonna come down there and confiscate all your drills if you don't start making prettier holes in brake rotors....especially 1000 dollar brake rotors!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice build foresure ,can't wait to see some vid of finish product in action.I would love to see a Trygstan 872 in this chassis too.Great build Fred .

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the holdup on this build? This thing running yet? When you bringing it to Revy? Can't wait to go up against it. You still think she's going to weigh 350?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will be sure to look you up, get it dialed in... as for weight not sure but i have not left much on the table
What's the holdup on this build? This thing running yet? When you bringing it to Revy? Can't wait to go up against it. You still think she's going to weigh 350?

installed brp turbo reeds, modified throttle bodys, used old airbox till new one is ready, but changed inlet clock postion, revamped charge tube and went with lighter blowoff... installed nightmare wiring harness....pressure tested and added coolant(5 liters or 11.5lbs) bellypans, nosecone bumper finished

still waiting on wheels, cf bars, c3 gauge cluster, c3seat and top end plastics, then need some time at local dealer to figure ecm oil delete..... the fat lady is starting to sing....

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression the etec was the same as the pros and had a "DRY" crankcase....where there is actually NO fuel in the crankcase? How do you plan in lubricating your crankcase?

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice build Fred!! Will the intake get in the way when riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been working like a dog on this project. my wife thinks i am insane...lol...

Come on Fred, get your butt in gear and get this thing together! I can't wait for the final product!

as for the etec dry sump bottom end, and gutting oil injection.... its been proven i have been told in the past that at low rpm electronic oil pump puts out very low if not nothing for oil, but when in hi rpm or wot, the pump will put out more oil than the older ptecs by 40 percent... so we feel that using premix fuel and using the secondary injection system should handle bottom end and rave oiling needs

i had used the big air filter last year and thou it looks like it could be in your way it never was and worked very well, cold intake air is a must, as for this build keven at c3 thinks we can draw cold air threw his gauge cluster, have not seen it yet to see if it works out like that...

big wheel kit and small wheels showed up, riser, and other billet stuff, installed and looks wild with the 11 inch wheels, bleed brakes, and worked on swaping controls...hope to have fuel pump back tommorow and finish my end off

plan to go to revy riding on thursday with the 880, wish we could take this sled as well

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well modded the fuel pump suction and discharge lines for new style tank and few a few ouces to be removed, changed location for fuel supply to secondary fuel system, cleaned it up some, received wrong style carbon fiber bars from rsi, but they looked sweet

installed older xp foot rest and did some moding to make them fit, added the v plastics, installed belt guard brakets and had to modify cf brake rotor guard

took sled to dealer for ecm oil delete, and final inspection and startup, hope to get sled back for thursday night

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 453
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 452
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 454
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 455
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 442
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 453
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 464
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 466

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lookin sick fred cant wait to see it finished and pics / vids of it on the snow

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had big problems with billet wheels like that icing up and vibrating without the rubber ring....but maybe they have a different edge design than the ones i had.

backchannel

Reaction score
yes i have seen the same before with their weight claims, had a buddy pick the chassie up today at the sled show in saskatoon, so i will first get it in the morning, i had hear 50 plus pounds lighter, but have not held it yet

here are a few more pictures of the new parts and peices as i start the build, still waiting on billet wheels, billet thermostat housing and new style snow/air box. mcb pistons and boost controller to show up

9 tooth drivers look sweet and hope they have the need room with the rolled case, put them on a diet... the other drivers are 7 tooth to compare too

Any concerns with the extra torque the C3 belt will see with these drivers?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea i have no clue how these wheels are going to work, never had billet wheels in the past, so time will tell

i had big problems with billet wheels like that icing up and vibrating without the rubber ring....but maybe they have a different edge design than the ones i had.

"Any concerns with the extra torque the C3 belt will see with these drivers? "

yes after this last weekend this now has became some what of a concern, i never would of thought they would break, so i will make sure to have two spare with me, keven feels it should be fine...

received the ceramic coated bmp y pipe today as well light weight helms

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found with mine, the buildup on the billet wheels are minimal. As long as they are not flat, you should be ok,

yea i have no clue how these wheels are going to work, never had billet wheels in the past, so time will tell

"Any concerns with the extra torque the C3 belt will see with these drivers? "

yes after this last weekend this now has became some what of a concern, i never would of thought they would break, so i will make sure to have two spare with me, keven feels it should be fine...

received the ceramic coated bmp y pipe today as well light weight helms

Top Bottom