Sport quad owners??

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
explain your terminology pls... three trips through non stop?

That was my son the pro quad racer....once he's moving he will mostly be in
5th gear, he will start at the end after coming out of the creek, ride to the road, turn around run back to the top of the creek and then back to the road....then get off the quad beat red, walk around and drink a gallon of water ..... it's great endurance training.
He basicly goes front end light ie: it looks almost like he's wheeliing and lets the back suspension clip the tops....if the front end starts hitting to much you actually cant hang on to the handle bars so you sort of guide the steering straight but let the quad bounce under neath you...he was taught this technique from Joe Byrd at his race school....it is hard to get your head around but it is the fastest way accross whoops.....he will also look for sets and will double or tripple some of them....as he will use the air time to relax....

He can only do that kind of run when he's been practicing and racing, he normally races in the arena cross and ice races and snowman races all through the winter....but life got in his way this winter and he only trained in the gym and we went sleding a few times....and yes I have trouble keeping up with him....it's a bitch or a blessing not sure which somedays....watching your offspring ride faster and better then you after teaching and training him...lol

There are a few pictures of him in our albums....

94fordguy

Last fall I bought an 03 Predator 500, got 2 rides on it so far and liking it a lot,,, finally something to do now when the snow is gone!:D

It's got a White Brothers pipe, a custom intake and a few other things that I can't remember, haha

100_1239.jpg

QuadsLtMurray-towers.jpg

Seems to keep up with my buddies Raptor 660 just fine:)

Jimbow007

Reaction score
2001 Banshee and the kids 2006 Blaster

Attachments

• 100_1957.jpg
    100_1957.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_1956.jpg
    100_1956.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 77

zeker

Reaction score
04 KFX 400, 440 big bore, Hotcams, jet kit, airbox, pipe, durablue axle, Razr rears, ignition, bars, etc...

Lookin for some opinions on the Outlaw 525 IRS, trying to extend my time on a 2WD but buddies ride 4WD now

mwelsch

Reaction score
2008 Kfx 450r Two bros racing pipe, ehs racing airbox lid, PCIII, custom airbox, +2 Houser stem, AC skids, 36t Renthal, Razr rears
3rd time round 002 (Custom).jpg

climbin

Reaction score
1987 LT500 Zilla, 560 SCR engine, Dr. Q pipe. We have a mutual agreement, I am going to try and kill it before it kills me.

I would post a picture but you are going to have to trust me, It's ugly!!!

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
1987 LT500 Zilla, 560 SCR engine, Dr. Q pipe. We have a mutual agreement, I am going to try and kill it before it kills me.

I would post a picture but you are going to have to trust me, It's ugly!!!

No way i love old Zillas. Atleast you have the best pipe made for it . "Q" pipes are the shizz on the 250-500 LT's

My buddy runs a zilla out here also. He can keep up most of the time. :d

Post up pics bro!!! Hope you cut the dumbo ears off the front though !!! LMAO...Geter done EH !!!

climbin

Reaction score
Ya, they are a unit only a mother can love. The 560 is hellish fast, I surprised a 525 KTM dirt bike with it. Unfortunately it is only fast in a straight line or climbing hills. The 22 year old suspension doesn't cut'er otherwise.

I was thinking of entering the old girl in some grass drags somewhere but I don't know where they hold em for atvs.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2006 yamaha 450, fmf full pipe with powerbomb, dynojet stage 2, accelerator ful pump, k&n airbox and airfilter, itp rims and gbs tires. tag handlebars

yfz.jpg

169.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! i got a banshee aswell. just wanting to do some mods to it this winter actually.

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Just bought a LTZ 400 with a few mods, always rode mud on a 4x4 so this is gonna be interesting, looking forward to getting a little outta hand with the 2wd!

DeathDealer9246

Reaction score
Hey, I got a 2007 YFZ450, FMF 4.1 Factory anodized blue with a megabomb header, 2" bar risers, SSrims and Stage 2 Hotcam. Any a you ride at Hinton?

Top Bottom