snowmobiling around olds?

bbecker17

Reaction score
i'll be in olds from 19 to 31 of march for some training and was thinking about bringing the sled soo im just wondering what snow conditions are like around olds or withing a hour drive or so ?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
i'll be in olds from 19 to 31 of march for some training and was thinking about bringing the sled soo im just wondering what snow conditions are like around olds or withing a hour drive or so ?

Im working 20 minutes west of olds now and damn I wish I had a sled out here. Fresh 12 plus inches and the wind has made some sweet drift age in the ditches and such.

bbecker17

Reaction score
well that what i want to hear haha but im sorta scared its ganna melt with all the warm weather it looks like u guys are ganna get this week

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go west of Sundre to Bearberry then about 3 miles straight west of the Bearberry Salon (don't follow the highway when it makes a sharp turn to the north) you will find the Olds Snowmobile Club staging area at the T intersection. From there you will find all sorts of trails to explore. Hopefully we won't have the great melt down from now until the time you arrive.

Billy Boy:cool:

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
I'm workin between Bowden and innisfail and the snow has really takin a $h!t kicking. Only about 6" in the fields now. Still some good drifts though.

thiels2

Reaction score
Me and my buddy rode limestone mtn which is 40 min west of bearberry this last friday it didnt look good at all the entire drive down the forest trunk but went up into the cutlines and rode to around 6700' and found a couple feet of fresh.Total depth in spots was thigh deep. It was skinny in spots for sure but no bare spots anywhere in the cutlines.Alot of the meadows that had enough snow had about a 3'' crust and couple feet of sugar underneath. Area could use a good dump but if your down for looking for snow and going into the trees im sure theres some snow to be had still.

Top Bottom