snowmobile shelters

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many shelters in Alberta and BC got damaged from the fires this summer nothing has been posted seems strange with so many big fires in the back country some would have taken a hit

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately most are either only winter use meaning no summer access, and or they shut down ohv riding so that also closed off access too

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The new cabin in Harvey Pass (LodgePole FSR), south of Fernie is demolished. It is not a Fernie Snowmobile Cabin, it is a multi-use BC Recreation Site with the cabin being put up by Fernie Trails (?). I think that is what they call themselves. It is the third cabin/shelter in that area (Harvey Pass) that has met it's demise in the last 10-12 years.

http://fernietrails.com

Last edited:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new cabin in Harvey Pass (LodgePole FSR), south of Fernie is demolished. It is not a Fernie Snowmobile Cabin, it is a multi-use BC Recreation Site with the cabin being put up by Fernie Trails (?). I think that is what they call themselves. It is the third cabin/shelter in that area (Harvey Pass) that has met it's demise in the last 10-12 years.

http://fernietrails.com

That sucks. They just finished rebuilding that one...

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. They just finished rebuilding that one...

8616b4603a49cbd9fda5f303e65e2b9e.jpg

Harvey Hut.
Sad, those boys put a load of effort into building it.
Dammit!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any around here. There were some tense moments with the graystokes but I think it made it out ok.

Top Bottom