Alberta Beach - Upgrades L5 Warm Up Spot

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Our volunteers have been super busy the last couple of weeks!

We have added 3 wind break shelters, and upgraded the L5 warm up spot on the trail, including leveling the area, adding gravel for summer use, a picnic table and firepit. We have also done further mitigation of ATV damage to the trails, and done some cleaning to add some gates for situations where the trail has to be closed.

The outhouse was also hauled out, completely washed down, and the skid on the bottom rebuilt!

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

image0000(2).jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

image0000(1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
  • Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sadly, our volunteers went back out there today, and found that these shelters had already been vandalized. Very disheartening.

I will not post all the photo's as they have names in them (yes I know I should and try to make people come forward but we all know how that will work).

But here's a couple examples of their "handy work"

If anyone was out on the weekend and saw a group with at least 3 kids, and can give us some idea who they might be, I'd like to suggest to their parents that the kids go out and replace the foam at their own expense. IT's not about the money to replace it, it's about the disrespect of defacing these facilities.

IMG_7484.jpeg
IMG_7482.jpeg

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Shitty deal, hope you get to them
We're pretty sure we won't. But I'm also not going to post all over Facebook and the like to find the culprits. I might just put a game camera up at that stop

Top Bottom