snow in sk.

bryan_117

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering about the snow conditions around white wood wanna get out for a ride just trying to find out how far i have to go to find good snow.
snows pretty thin around whitewood still. buddy hit a culvert closing valve lastnight. did lots of damage. we are hoping to get the trail groomed and signed saturday.

Powderdream

Reaction score
Heading up to Usherville/Endeavour area this weekend. Will take some pics and update snow conditions. Anybody else got any plans for trips around Sasky during Christmas Holidays?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to sled from south of Saskatoon to Battleford. I have three rivers to cross. The one at Battleford I can use the old bridges that just used for pedestrian traffic now. But the other two (N and S Sask?), I don't know. Are they frozen over and safe to sled across? I might be able to cross the N Sask on the new or old Borden bridge if the ice isn't safe.

Any tips guys?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not exactly on topic, but I'd love to get in on a mountain trip with anybody between now and Jan 6. PM me if you have a spot. Have the gear, somewhat lacking in talent though lol.

Dwishl

Reaction score
I'm hoping to sled from south of Saskatoon to Battleford. I have three rivers to cross. The one at Battleford I can use the old bridges that just used for pedestrian traffic now. But the other two (N and S Sask?), I don't know. Are they frozen over and safe to sled across? I might be able to cross the N Sask on the new or old Borden bridge if the ice isn't safe.

Any tips guys?

Just sledded for 30 or so miles on the north sask yesterday

bryan_117

Reaction score
put 125 ish miles on today putting the trail in around whitewood. snow was surprisingly good in spots. got 75% of the trail marked and groomed. hoping for another 6 inches and it would be great.

flygti32

Reaction score
Rode around Asquith ( west of saskatoon) all through christmas. Stupid cold but managed to find some nice deep fields and ditches that were untouched. Just to many dam fences for my likeing around that area though.

Thunder101

Reaction score
Ya thats all acreage land around there. Good work on getting out in this cold snap !

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode just west of Greenwater today. Snow is decent but nothing to write home about, and it is all old snow. I would say that snow around Tobin Lake area is better.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out for a bag south of PA today along the south sask river, found waist deep snow in many areas, lots and lots of rolling drifts in the fields, the snow is still soft and sugary for the most part. She's long track territory, you wouldn't get to far with a short track belt sander now!!!!! Keep the shiny side up

Sent from my Shoe Phone

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out again today west of PA but on the south side of the North Sask river. 2 1/2 feet on average carving threw the fields along the trees, found some waist deep snow and in a couple spots chest deep where it drifted in. Shitty light, and snowing like a bastard didn't help with visibility. When I got back to the truck there was 2 1/2" of snow in the box since I unloaded and its still coming down.... Brrrrrap

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. Hopefully it doesn't go back to -25C next weekend.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at Macdowell and i confirm your reports. Definately long track season!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out again yesterday west of PA, better light, more snow. Managed to get stuck good a couple times... New running boards on the REV and ZX, riding tomorrow... Brrrrapp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359517872.088097.jpg

Sent from my Shoe Phone

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about the Meeting lake area? Might be there on Saturday, wondering if the great PA snow extends that far west.

flygti32

Reaction score
Snow south east of PA is incredible. Also from Macdowal through the fields to St. Louis are outstanding. My 144 2in is starting to have to work pretty hard now. Been throwing a wack of clutching at it this week. Got er dialed now.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big snow everywhere across the snowbelt, mild temperatures - this is as good as it gets I dare say.

Top Bottom