snow in sk.

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Snow around Balgonie is marginal. Went for a quick rip this morning. Fields may have 4-6" in the stubble. Some ditches have good drifts in them if you're into playing and not trail riding. If you got the itch it may be worth a ride but be careful. Ride safe.

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Hey guys heard the Lintlaw area was supposed to get some new snow on Saturday. What's it like up there now? I have some property up in that area and we usually come up sledding but till now have heard the snow is a little lacking. Any update would help.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys heard the Lintlaw area was supposed to get some new snow on Saturday. What's it like up there now? I have some property up in that area and we usually come up sledding but till now have heard the snow is a little lacking. Any update would help.

Was around home (Canora) this weekend...about 6" on Fri Night. Finally enough to get out.

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Went for a ride last night around Balgonie. Stubble fields are in great shape. Didn't hit any ski ticklers while going through the field. Most ditches have great drifts and were still some what soft but are getting hard. I didn't venture too far but the groomer has been out if that's your thing. Lots of snow in areas near trees etc. It's about time it warmed up enough to get out.
Ride safe!

sledhead3286

Reaction score
Was sledding around Regina/Sask beach last weekend. Snow was pretty good but probaly starting to get hard now. Here's a quick vid. First time sharing a video let me know if it works

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Went for a ride from Balgonie to Fort Quappelle yesterday. Trail was grromed earlier in the week but has been blown over with little finger drifts. Most drifts in the ditches are getting hard with the wind and warm weather. We did manage to find some nice fields wih knee deep soft snow in the area around where the old Mclean shack was just off Highway 10 and by Echo valley Park in treed in areas. If youre willing to search for it there is still plenty of good soft snow to cut up.
Ride safe.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride from Balgonie to Fort Quappelle yesterday. Trail was grromed earlier in the week but has been blown over with little finger drifts. Most drifts in the ditches are getting hard with the wind and warm weather. We did manage to find some nice fields wih knee deep soft snow in the area around where the old Mclean shack was just off Highway 10 and by Echo valley Park in treed in areas. If youre willing to search for it there is still plenty of good soft snow to cut up.
Ride safe.

I was out testing a few mods on Saturday and was out solo as a few others bailed the night before. There’s untouched snow out there east of McClean if a guy wants to go and look. I found a bit. Everywhere I went is pretty setup already though. Inch or two on top of a crust. It’s alright and was okay to get a few bugs worked out, but we could sure use a bit more.
I was through McClean sportsgrounds and couldn’t find the old shelter anywhere out there.

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
I was out testing a few mods on Saturday and was out solo as a few others bailed the night before. There’s untouched snow out there east of McClean if a guy wants to go and look. I found a bit. Everywhere I went is pretty setup already though. Inch or two on top of a crust. It’s alright and was okay to get a few bugs worked out, but we could sure use a bit more.
I was through McClean sportsgrounds and couldn’t find the old shelter anywhere out there.

On the McLean shelter thread the one guy said they took it out from the campground and it's not being placed anywhere else. Crappy to lose another shelter. I heard the one by edenwod was moved due to crops being messed up. I'm always up for a ride if you ever need someone to go with.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the McLean shelter thread the one guy said they took it out from the campground and it's not being placed anywhere else. Crappy to lose another shelter. I heard the one by edenwod was moved due to crops being messed up. I'm always up for a ride if you ever need someone to go with.

Thanks...will keep that in mind. Might take you up on that if the snow doesn't go to crap this week.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wellll, went out for a rip yesterday afternoon around Albertville, which is north of PA. The snow was surprisingly not all that bad considering the +7 over night and the 120km/h winds on Tuesday/Wednesday. Any places that were exposed to the wind has a wicked hard crust in it, but on the south, and east sides of the big tree lines the snow has a light crust on it and sugar powder underneath. It also didn't drop as much behind the trees and can sure play in knee to waist deep snow. Also there is upwards of 4 feet of snow in the cat tails to play in which is always a good time. The mess under the hood not so much though. Should be a wicked weekend.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happened to your stickers? LOL

Haha. I'm not one for liking stickers, just took a little longer than usual to make up my mind which ones were staying. 'SUMMIT' was the only one that made the cut.

Just under 400 miles and this sled keeps getting better and better, and a bigger **** eating grin.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohh it's there, any open areas are like concrete, some good depth to be found along tree lines, but you will need a Yamaha to bust threw the crust.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing that if you get up towards La Ronge there is good powder, and even Candle Lake is pretty good. PA is definitely bad. Saskatoon and Regina are atrocious.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is it worth while to even think about going to Elk Ridge this year? I saw it in some advertising and it looked like it may be a decent place to ride if there is snow.

Top Bottom