snow conditions around edson

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Hey guys. Bunch of us were planning on doing some trail riding around edson this weekend. Then the melt down came. Does anyone know what its like out there for this weekend? I know we were planning the ride to robb. And if conditions are bad does anyone know of other spots that still have snow? Maybe hinton? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

saz

Reaction score
I am intrested in riding around edson as well this coming weekend, where do we find maps of the trails? How are the conditions, any info would help
thanks

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the conditions are like in edson area......we rode swan hills this weekend past and it was good.....lots of groomed trail and tonns of cut lines untouched and deep. I would go to swan hills b 4 I go back to edson.

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
well according to the swan hills thread there isnt much snow left there eighter.. is it worth it to go to edson?? anyone! haha

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Well we rode edson this weekend. Was a good trip snow on the edson to robb trail much better than the silver summit trail. Props to the groomers. Still do the snow dance for this winter!

Reaction score
On Dec 13 I got the first ride on my new machine and I drove from my house in town to the Silver Summit Trail staging area on the road just north of town. The trail is clear but rutted up from quads and I only used it to access fields/ pipelines/ and roads where there was fresh snow. There is generally a foot of snow everywhere with a max of 2 feet in the drifted areas. On the 14th we trailered up to Tom Hill there were only a couple of sled marks anywhere, we broke trail on 75% of the trails/pipelines that we ran into, the amount of snow is about the same as there is around the town of Edson. You can stick to the pipelines and the one main trail (as well as the numerous unused oil/gas and forestry roads) and have no issues but if you want to explore the numerous untouched cutlines (which we always do) take a saw, its a bad year for trees on the trails.

Reaction score
Dec 16 Went to the Sundance Staging area just west of town, the staging area parking lot was not plowed so we unloaded on a gas well lease road. The first 3-4 km of the trail were brutal (bumps) after you pass a wellhead the trail improves, there were no trees on the trail, we turned off left on the first large pipeline and ran various pipelines until we hit the Sundance canyon(45 km round trip). Other than the main trail we were the first snowmobiles using the area. About a foot of snow everywhere.

Reaction score
Dec 17th Was up at Tom Hill again only this time headed north east from Knight Comp Station down a pipeline toward Windfall Gas plant other than some sled marks going to Trapper lake no one has been in that direction the pipeline was all fresh snow (1-1.5 ft) until we got there. Awesome day until it started to rain which eventually did turn to snow.

Top Bottom