slydog skis

kinnrob

Reaction score
are slydog skis any good. are they for the trails or the deeper snow. thinking of getting some if they would work on a polaris edge or skidoo rev . but to if it wouldnt be worth it on these older sleds i wont do it

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like mine a lot. Got the "Trail" version on my 02 Gade with 6" Shaper bars. I've had them in all sorts of flatland conditions (a couple times in 3+ feet of fresh) and I've found them to float very well, and they track pretty good on the hard stuff.

With my experience with SlyDog's I'll probably pick up a set of their 7" or 8" skis if I find I don't like the DS2's that are coming on my XM.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sly Dog skis are top notch, i have them on my '11 M8 and i will be putting them on my '13 Pro without a doubt.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find them great in deep snow but not as friendly on the trails as Simmons.

Unless you are driving something with extreme front end weight (like a Sherman tank), I have never found Simmons to be trail friendly. They are built to float, they do an awesome job of that IMO, but I have found they are darty on the trail, like most powder skis. I love my Powder Pros as well but on the trail they take so much more effort to turn.

Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to build a ski that has the greatest attributes of both a powder ski and a trail ski for us western riders. You get a good ski that does everything 65-70% well or you get a wicked powder ski that floats well but is a beeotch on the trail (and you just accept it) or you get a good trail ski and it is mediocre in the powder.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of the 7" powder hounds on my '07 rev summit and loved them and highly recommend them. I have a pair of 8" on my 2012 m1100 t which are also as good minus the shitty sled lol

Top Bottom