Sledding in lamont ab

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to Lamont right Now to visit! There's 10 acres where I'm visiting for the weekend. Does anyone from the area know of any trails to ride or better yet does anyone on this site live In Lamont and if so will you be sledding in the area this weekend! I'm going to have my daughter with me and she will be in sled training! Any info would be great.

yamahaguy64

Reaction score
If you don't mind trailering....From Lamont, go north 40km's on highway 831 to waskatenau and highway 28. This is where the Ironhorse trail starts and runs all the way to Cold Lake. Its groomed and a great trail for new sledders.

Alberta's Iron Horse Trail News Maps Communities

I'm leaving the Bruderheim area tomorrow (Saturday), and am looking at how to find trails from Bruderheim to Waskatenau...

Want to make some good miles on fields.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome info, thank you! I have two cats on a trailer now so it wouldn't be bad! Will keep this in mind, we may just rip up the 10 acres or try some ditch bangin!

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with ditch banging. Not too many jackass rcmp's near this area.

yamahaguy64

Reaction score
As long as you have Insurance and Registration (and aren't breaking the law), the RCMP won't bother you...speaking from experience (having been stopped in years past).

I've done both.....been chased and have been stopped....

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on wow is it ever silent out here! I doubt I'll see any fuzz... Both sleds are legal so no worries in that area ;) hoping for a warmer sat and sun

Top Bottom