sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

SRXtreme

Reaction score
What I don't understand is that if he was that close to the cabin, why not at least spend the night there? Or maybe he was stuck in a crevasse? Just trying to wrap my head around this unfortunate incident. Being patient for the specific details of the unknown is unnerving. Godspeed Travis and my heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Travis Brown.................SRXtreme

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been following this since it was posted. I never met Travis but my heart is broken that we have lost a fellow sledder. I am sad that this ended in tragedy . I know many people have thanked all that searched and put their lives at risk but I as a Mom and a parent of a couple of shredders and a sledder myself can't even begin to explain how thankful I am that people like you still exist. RIP Travis and condolences to all Travis's friends and family.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is that if he was that close to the cabin, why not at least spend the night there? Or maybe he was stuck in a crevasse? Just trying to wrap my head around this unfortunate incident. Being patient for the specific details of the unknown is unnerving. Godspeed Travis and my heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Travis Brown.................SRXtreme
Where he was at, 1.3 km as the crow Flys from the cabin was half a km from the vediman trail

It was said there was 2-2.5 feet of fresh Saturday am, snowed all day, puked all nite

If he got stuck, spent time to try to get out, couldn't find which was his track cause it's filled in, dark out and no light, list goes on

I would stay with my sled and hope someone finds me the next day I guess

Problem is no one really knew till Monday, so that's two nites at least in a blizzard both days and nites

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where he was at, 1.3 km as the crow Flys from the cabin was half a km from the vediman trail

It was said there was 2-2.5 feet of fresh Saturday am, snowed all day, puked all nite

If he got stuck, spent time to try to get out, couldn't find which was his track cause it's filled in, dark out and no light, list goes on

I would stay with my sled and hope someone finds me the next day I guess

Problem is no one really knew till Monday, so that's two nites at least in a blizzard both days and nites

RIP Travis, such a very sad story.
Be safe out there everyone.

Shawert

Reaction score
Hearts out to the Brown family.
RIP Travis.
Ride safe fellow snowmobile friends and family.
Hi five to all that helped out and good to know there are still good people willing to help others in time of need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP Travis, very sad situation for all friends and family.

Big kudos to the SAR team as well as the folks from the sledding community that helped in finding him.

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we are all reminded of the dangers of our sport and the steps we can take to minimize the risk. A lot
of us have gone for a rip alone telling ourselves we will "take it easy". Radios, spot, in Reach are all safety devices everyone should use. Maybe any one of theses could have saved Travis's life? Hopefully Travis's tragedy will help all of his brothers and sisters in our community to use all of the tools available to minimize the chances of this happening.

We are heart broken and our love and condolences go out to all of Travis's friends and family.

God bless and rest in peace Travis

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
To the crew that found Travis, I hope you understand just how big of a deal that was just to provide closure to his family.
Closure is the what many people need in tragic events and some unfortunately never get it.
good on you guys as well as all who took part in the search.

To the Brown family and friends, as everyone has said thoughts are with all.
at one point last night it said 348 people were viewing this thread. It goes to show you just how tight this little community is, we all feel the pain too.

Rest in Peace Travis

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad news to hear, and my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

A big thanks to all those who were out searching for Travis, god bless you!

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the crew that found Travis, I hope you understand just how big of a deal that was just to provide closure to his family.

I second this. Having been involved in way more body recovery's than I care to remember I know how emotionally hard this can be on those that found him. Look after yourselves guys and don't be afraid to talk it out with someone.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I second this. Having been involved in way more body recovery's than I care to remember I know how emotionally hard this can be on those that found him. Look after yourselves guys and don't be afraid to talk it out with someone.

That is very good advise.
Many time people forget about the people who help in critical situations.
This at times can bother them for years.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the Brown family. Rest easy Travis. I'm sorry it ended this way for you. I hope our community learns from this tragedy, the sport we love so much isn't all fun and games. Each and everyone of us takes not only our own lives but the lives of the very people we ride with in our hands each and every time we head out there. Lives can be lost in a matter of seconds, we all need to take care of each other back there weather it's your best friend or a complete stranger u just met 8 minutes ago.

We ALL need to step up our game in Travis's name.

Rest easy Travis Rest easy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just plain horrible to hear somthing like this happening.
RIP Travis.

Couldn't even begin to fathom the thought of what he went though. Stuck, alone and most likely few supplies. Big eye opener on staying together and packing simple supplies that could help you through the night or two.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom