sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted but for those looking for answers so this may be prevented in the future I found the following info. Looks like the coroners service is on the same page as you and will be investigating.

BC Coroners Service investigating Travis Brown snowmobiling fatality

BC Coroners Service investigation into Travis Brown snowmobiling fatality will seek to identify procedures that could prevent future deaths and make recommendations if they are discovered.
BC Coroners Service investigating Travis Brown snowmobiling fatality | Revelstoke Mountaineer

My thoughts are with the family.

chedder

Reaction score
I'm guessing based on lack of information to the public and now the coroner that there is more to this story than simply getting stuck and freezing.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road Saturday, family called him in Monday as he was to be home and never showed up

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly.
If a truck is at the parking lot Saturday night.... especially at a staging area, I think there should be some sort of "looking into see if something is out of place..."

I went to hope creek one time and saw a truck cold as ice in the morning.. it gave me shivers.. We rode up and came to a big azz slide that happened on the trail.. We took our transceivers out but found nothing.. We met the snowboarders that spent the night in the place they have. It was all good, but you tend to think that something might have gone wrong.

Road Saturday, family called him in Monday as he was to be home and never showed up

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
,,,,,.and I was banging on his truck windows and did report his truck in the lot at 6:30 Sun. morning. The frustrating part was no one knew if he had ended up at the Peaks or Glacier House for the evening or if he was still up on the hill.
The search didn`t start until Mon. when someone reported him missing. We all need to let someone know where we are headed and when we expect to get back. That is the lesson I hope we have all learned from this.
I met his family today at the Boulder lot, sad deal, they wanted to thank everyone for their efforts.
Don`t play the blame game.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough.. Not laying the blame game.. I know that around Valemount, the RCMP patrol the lots at 8 pm or so but I guess it's not much help if the person doesn't notify anyone.

2blue

Reaction score
Fair enough.. Not laying the blame game.. I know that around Valemount, the RCMP patrol the lots at 8 pm or so but I guess it's not much help if the person doesn't notify anyone.

You would think revelstoke rcmp would do the same.

2blue

Reaction score
Travis stuck on Saturday afternoon
Spends night on the mountain Saturday night, but nobody sees him on Sunday?
I bet coroner says Saturday night he passed away, maybe of natural causes, and not related to the cold at all.
I know what the stress can do to you, I had a heart attack on top of a mountain stuck when I was 31 years old.
Stayed there all night it was horrible, and very painful.

Either way, I think RCMP should ask for help much faster.

Either way if you made snowhut would a beacon sound be heard buried in the snow from a helicopter?

Last edited:

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Travis stuck on Saturday afternoon
Spends night on the mountain Saturday night, but nobody sees him on Sunday?
I bet coroner says Saturday night he passed away, maybe of natural causes, and not related to the cold at all.
I know what the stress can do to you, I had a heart attack on top of a mountain stuck when I was 31 years old.
Stayed there all night it was horrible, and very painful.

Either way, I think RCMP should ask for help much faster.

Either way if you made snowhut would a beacon sound be heard buried in the snow from a

Did you have aspirin or something with you? I thought if you have an attack and don't get treatment right away it's over?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have aspirin or something with you? I thought if you have an attack and don't get treatment right away it's over?

Not to get off topic but depends on what kind. My Dad had an attack. Full blockage in an artery very close to the heart, left side numb, pain like you would not believe the whole deal. His heart was so strong the blood naturally bypassed through a different artery. Doctors almost sent him home. Could not figure it out. They did an angiogram and found the blockage. At the time he was given 2 options. Become a member of the "zipper" club (Open heart surgery) to remove blockage or take medication to help stretch the vein it was being bypassed through. That's the way he went. 8 years later he had another mini attack. With new technology they were able to go into a vein in his arm into the heart and remove that 8 year old blockage.
The human body is amazing.... research and technologies are amazing.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
,,,,,.and I was banging on his truck windows and did report his truck in the lot at 6:30 Sun. morning. The frustrating part was no one knew if he had ended up at the Peaks or Glacier House for the evening or if he was still up on the hill.
The search didn`t start until Mon. when someone reported him missing. We all need to let someone know where we are headed and when we expect to get back. That is the lesson I hope we have all learned from this.
I met his family today at the Boulder lot, sad deal, they wanted to thank everyone for their efforts.
Don`t play the blame game.
Exactly
Exactly.
If a truck is at the parking lot Saturday night.... especially at a staging area, I think there should be some sort of "looking into see if something is out of place..."

I went to hope creek one time and saw a truck cold as ice in the morning.. it gave me shivers.. We rode up and came to a big azz slide that happened on the trail.. We took our transceivers out but found nothing.. We met the snowboarders that spent the night in the place they have. It was all good, but you tend to think that something might have gone wrong.
This was brought up at the sled club meeting in sicamous

We have too many people either night ride, stay over nite at cabins, people park and leave trucks in the lot on a regular basis, no way it would help or work

I'm sure boulder is the same

Untill someone is reported missing, a lone truck in a parking lot is normalish

The volunteers spend enough time doing and checking stuff, are they to drive once a hour to the lots and see if vehicles are still there??

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I'm putting a sign in my truck window with the radio frequency of the channel i'm on and a note. "If this is the last truck in the lot call for help"......
I mean we have to want to help ourselves and not leave it to anyone else to figure it out.

Reaction score
Seriously, I'm putting a sign in my truck window with the radio frequency of the channel i'm on and a note. "If this is the last truck in the lot call for help"......
I mean we have to want to help ourselves and not leave it to anyone else to figure it out.

This is a smart idea I think. We used to do 3 or 4 days rafting trips down the Bow River and camp on islands in the middle.... we'd leave a sign in the truck window saying something like "If this truck is still here Monday, call the coast guard".....

ccvriders

Reaction score
The sign on the windshield is a great idea !! I'm doing that for sure !! and if someone is planing an over night(s) at a cabin it should say when they will get back so we know what's going on .Radio frequency as well !! safe riding

Top Bottom