sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not good. Like you said, why go out by yourself? Even ask to tag along with a group if you have too.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledder missing in Revi

ask someone in the parking lot.... Our group has picked up alot of strays from the staging area Hope he is alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
two or three years ago we found a guy by himself way back at Hunters Range (impossible to walk out) and was broke down. Only by luck we found him otherwise it would have been a long night or worse for him. I just don't understand why put yourself in that kind of danger as odds are stacked against you.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ozone run out of riding buddies? Jk

whoever this person is I hope they get home safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
two or three years ago we found a guy by himself way back at Hunters Range (impossible to walk out) and was broke down. Only by luck we found him otherwise it would have been a long night or worse for him. I just don't understand why put yourself in that kind of danger as odds are stacked against you.

Exact same thing hang happened to us, we were at hunters 2-3 years ago. We rode across the corner of the lake, was climbing out to leave and I buried my king cat. Took my helmet off to start the dig out. I swear I heard a faint cry for help. I looked back couldn't see F all. Kept digging myself out. Finally got out and at this point I thought I was seriously hearing shyte. I turned around 1 last time to look and I spotted a black spec way way down on the far end of the lake. I told my buddies via a Wilkie talkie I was heading down to the lake again just to see. They thought I was crazy. At this point it's almost dark. Suns down. I ride down and get closer to find a Dude in his jeans and a T-shirt. The rest of his clothing was scattered along the his path from where he came from. I doubled him on my sled about 4km back to his stuck sled. Picked up his clothing along the way. Friends and I dug his sled out and I rode it back to the bottom and made a pretty good climb on his sleigh out. He walked the 75 ft up the hill to the top.

Turns out he got separated from his group and the group left him. He mentioned owls head so we took him all the way back to the cabin. Turns out the group was there, boozing. I chewed them all bran new A holes. Almost started a fist fight. I was choked because someone's life was on the line.

End rant!!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Exact same thing hang happened to us, we were at hunters 2-3 years ago. We rode across the corner of the lake, was climbing out to leave and I buried my king cat. Took my helmet off to start the dig out. I swear I heard a faint cry for help. I looked back couldn't see F all. Kept digging myself out. Finally got out and at this point I thought I was seriously hearing shyte. I turned around 1 last time to look and I spotted a black spec way way down on the far end of the lake. I told my buddies via a Wilkie talkie I was heading down to the lake again just to see. They thought I was crazy. At this point it's almost dark. Suns down. I ride down and get closer to find a Dude in his jeans and a T-shirt. The rest of his clothing was scattered along the his path from where he came from. I doubled him on my sled about 4km back to his stuck sled. Picked up his clothing along the way. Friends and I dug his sled out and I rode it back to the bottom and made a pretty good climb on his sleigh out. He walked the 75 ft up the hill to the top.

Turns out he got separated from his group and the group left him. He mentioned owls head so we took him all the way back to the cabin. Turns out the group was there, boozing. I chewed them all bran new A holes. Almost started a fist fight. I was choked because someone's life was on the line.

End rant!!
Just curious...... why was he removing his clothes?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a great group of friends that guy has. Time to reevaluate friendships I think. No one gets left behind no matter what happens in my group. If they pulled that **** they would get the beating of a lifetime. Peoples lives are at stake. Hope they find this gentlemen.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paradoxical undressing
As strange as the terminal-burrowing behavior might seem, an act called "paradoxical undressing" is even more confounding. The term describes the behavior among many victims of extreme hypothermia of peeling off most or all of their clothing, increasing heat loss. [The 14 Oddest Medical Case Reports]
When rewarming the body of a hypothermic person with the body of another person, first-aid experts often recommend that both the victim and the "rewarmer" be naked or barely dressed. This facilitates the transfer of heat from the warm person to the person with hypothermia.
But that recommendation, researchers believe, has nothing to do with paradoxical undressing. To shut down the loss of heat from the extremities, the body induces vasoconstriction, the reflexive contraction of blood vessels.
Over time, however, the muscles necessary for inducing vasoconstriction become exhausted and fail, causing warm blood to rush from the core to the extremities. This results in a kind of "hot flash" that makes victims of severe hypothermia — who are already confused and disoriented — feel as though they're burning up, so they remove their clothes, researchers have concluded.
Paradoxical undressing often occurs immediately before terminal burrowing. The researchers in Germany investigating hypothermia victims noted in their article that "the final position in which the bodies were found could only be reached by crawling on all fours or flat on the body, resulting in abrasions to the knees, elbows, etc. This crawling … happened after undressing, as there were abrasions to the skin but no damage to the corresponding parts of the removed clothing."

In other words, he was experiencing extreme hypothermia.

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Paradoxical undressing
As strange as the terminal-burrowing behavior might seem, an act called "paradoxical undressing" is even more confounding. The term describes the behavior among many victims of extreme hypothermia of peeling off most or all of their clothing, increasing heat loss. [The 14 Oddest Medical Case Reports]
When rewarming the body of a hypothermic person with the body of another person, first-aid experts often recommend that both the victim and the "rewarmer" be naked or barely dressed. This facilitates the transfer of heat from the warm person to the person with hypothermia.
But that recommendation, researchers believe, has nothing to do with paradoxical undressing. To shut down the loss of heat from the extremities, the body induces vasoconstriction, the reflexive contraction of blood vessels.
Over time, however, the muscles necessary for inducing vasoconstriction become exhausted and fail, causing warm blood to rush from the core to the extremities. This results in a kind of "hot flash" that makes victims of severe hypothermia — who are already confused and disoriented — feel as though they're burning up, so they remove their clothes, researchers have concluded.
Paradoxical undressing often occurs immediately before terminal burrowing. The researchers in Germany investigating hypothermia victims noted in their article that "the final position in which the bodies were found could only be reached by crawling on all fours or flat on the body, resulting in abrasions to the knees, elbows, etc. This crawling … happened after undressing, as there were abrasions to the skin but no damage to the corresponding parts of the removed clothing."

In other words, he was experiencing extreme hypothermia.

Wow! Crazy!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a great group of friends that guy has. Time to reevaluate friendships I think. No one gets left behind no matter what happens in my group. If they pulled that **** they would get the beating of a lifetime. Peoples lives are at stake. Hope they find this gentlemen.

Correct but that is taught by someone ?
You were taught that as well as others but a lot of the new groups just think it is a call away to have someone come get them.
I am sure a lot on this forum know that years ago above wasn't a option.
Makes me sick nowadays how it is always someone else's problem for others stupidity !!!!

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score

End rant!!
Karma. Believe it. Whatever left their account went straight into yours. Good on you. Let's hope there's a little bit of good luck for this missing guy.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

End rant!!

Unbelievable!!! I hope the losers that he was riding with are reading this...you are worthless pond scum!! Working in the oil patch there is only one motto you live by, and it doesn't matter if you work for the same company or not but NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!!!!

I've never had a problem being a "snow slut" hanging out at the staging area waiting to find someone to go with, and met some great people doing that.

As far as this missing rider goes, we've all heard the stories about guys riding alone yet some of us continue to do it, c'mon guys we're smarter than that.

Get home safe fellow sledder!!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys ride all the time solo. If you do it's a good idea to enable tracking on spot or inreach plus have a sat phone and be prepared to spend a couple of nights out. This guy would be out now if he did

Top Bottom