Sled Decks?

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This topic comes up every year. Just buy the Cross Trax. THE best deck on the market bar none.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid $2600 for a black X Deck out the door at Coopers RV in Etown about a month ago. It's a great deck for the price. Picked up the extensions in Sundre. Cross Traxx is definitely a better product I'm sure, depends what you want to pay.

smoncrieff

Reaction score
Check out M-Line Sled Decks out of Grande Prairie the website is these are the strongest and best looking ones I found.

StigA

Reaction score
just got a new 7' Marlon going into a 2013 ford and it needs to be shimmed because the legs are not long enough maby in the future offer a spacer or telescopic legs also just looked at the mounting plates kinda look confusing to begin with but should be able to make it work if you have any other recommendations as far as mounting it let me know.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say they both have their pro's and con's.

The x-deck has a folding curved ramp that fits under the deck
Cross-Trax has a 2 piece ramp that pins together and fits under the deck
X-Deck does not have a removable extension
Cross-trax does

Marlon is another name that is quickly becoming popular in the industry. They are based out of Stony Plain, Alberta, and are built very similar to the old Marathons.

I personally if I was to buy a new deck, would be going Cross trax

X deck does have a extension I have one on my marathon deck.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just started using a marlon and i love the ramp and the super clamps but the legs could be longer, the placement of the pins holding the extensions in is directly above the box side on my 2010 dodge and even with 3/4" plywood under the legs its hard to get the front ones in and out. that being said we put the deck in a 2000 dodge and the legs are plenty long.

we did notice though that somehow one of the rear legs bent when it was turnbuckled in, any body else have that with a different deck turnbuckled in? next time were drilling holes- even if it is just for the weekend

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
just started using a marlon and i love the ramp and the super clamps but the legs could be longer, the placement of the pins holding the extensions in is directly above the box side on my 2010 dodge and even with 3/4" plywood under the legs its hard to get the front ones in and out. that being said we put the deck in a 2000 dodge and the legs are plenty long.

we did notice though that somehow one of the rear legs bent when it was turnbuckled in, any body else have that with a different deck turnbuckled in? next time were drilling holes- even if it is just for the weekend

New truck boxes are deeper. My crosstrax was the same. Fits fine in a 04 but 08 needed two chunks of 3/4 plywood
The turnbuckles are junk. Went up to hope creek over Christmas 55 km of rough road and all 4 were loose when we unloaded. Thank god it's bolted in as well

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New truck boxes are deeper. My crosstrax was the same. Fits fine in a 04 but 08 needed two chunks of 3/4 plywood
The turnbuckles are junk. Went up to hope creek over Christmas 55 km of rough road and all 4 were loose when we unloaded. Thank god it's bolted in as well

Do you use lock nuts on your turn buckle tie downs? Without a lock nut they will vibrate loose.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

roperx

Reaction score
Would you be able to list the marlon dealers in Edmonton who sell your decks. I called martin today about it and they said they would take my money but I would have to goto you with the deck to have it installed (bolted or turn buckle i'm not sure). personally i'd rather come straight there and pay cash as you guys seemed more than happy to help where martin didn't seem to care I even called. I love that its solid metal too and I hope you guys do eventually offer a sliding winch mount as it would be a great addition to an already great looking deck.

Last edited:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cross trax is a quality deck actually made in alberta but is heavier than the marlon

Last edited:

mountainman1

Reaction score
I got a marlon 7 foot seems to be ok for the price. But has anyone used the extension? Is it a permanent fix or can it be easily removed so you don't have it hanging 2feet out the back when you aren't loaded.

Therman

Reaction score
I got a marlon 7 foot seems to be ok for the price. But has anyone used the extension? Is it a permanent fix or can it be easily removed so you don't have it hanging 2feet out the back when you aren't loaded.

Pretty sure it folds up onto the back top of the deck when not in use. I saw a couple guys at work with the marlon deck and extension... looks, not great, but at least it's out of the way? haha. May have changed design on the newer models, I know the ones I saw were a couple years old

Top Bottom