Sled Chefs starting in Fernie

teddybear26x

Reaction score
I am the Co-head chef/ kitchen manager of Yamagoya Sushi in fernie. Last year I got fed up of smokies and hot dogs all the time. So, I took my helmet off and put my chef hat on and came up with a lot of different food ideas that work great in the Muff/Hot pots. I had a lot of friends getting jealous and asking me to bring them some of my meals when we went sledding. Huh, I thought if anyone else would like these. I asked around and got a good response. Sent Fernie snow a PM, and I have been giving the go a head from FernieSnow and the directors of the FSA to sell my Muff/Hot Pot meals at the staging area. I will have some meals put together for saturday morning. This is still a new thing I haven't been able to source out condiments yet so if you want some ketchup mustard of Salt and pepper or whatever try and grab a few extra if you hit up a fast food place in the next couple days.
I will have the following on Saturday:
Home made Mac n Cheese
Teriyaki Chicken with rice
Japanese Curry with rice
Shepherd's Pie
Pulled BBq pork with 2 buns
This weekend only I will sell these for $8 ea. kinda of a 20% off grand opening

Home made Cinnamon Buns with cream cheese spread. $4 ea
$$$CASH ONLY$$$

If I have time I will try to make some breakfast scramblers as well no promises

In the future I hope to also be selling:
-2 stroke breakfast scrambler
-Chicken wings
-BBQ meatballs
-Lemon and garlic Black Tiger Prawns
-Tomato Meat sauce on Rotini Pasta

I will be there around 8ish and depending on the intrest will be leavig around 11ish. I will be driving a Dark grey 2003 f-150 short box

If you decide to buy a meal, great I appreciate it, but with any new kitchen there is always room for improvement so please drop me a PM and throw a comment on here.
Let me know things like
-Took to long to cook
-To Dry/ Mushy
-Seasoning
-Great taste
-Worked perfectly on your sled etc....

Anything you want to say let me know and I will do everything I can to accommodate. Even if you have a meal idea you would like me to try. Or a dietary need that you need met. Let me know.
Hope to see you Saturday

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Will people be able to contact you to pre-order and/or reserve a certain meal to ensure you don't sell out?

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea and best of luck!!! I would rather support a small business person than a corporation, as long as the product is of quality.

When I head to Fernie this year I will PM you and see what is available. I see it as a time saver as well, one less stop to make!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job guys! and a very good idea! No trips planned that way this weekend but will be looking for ya when we are down that way. Keep the thread updated with the progress and response and any menu changes....! :D

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Will people be able to contact you to pre-order and/or reserve a certain meal to ensure you don't sell out?
Absolutely. Pm me on here or call or text my cell and leave a message. 250.531.0570
If you need something mid week or Sunday let me know and I will come to your hotel or meet you somewhere to get some meals to you. Whatever I can do to make it work for you I will try to do it.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely. Pm me on here or call or text my cell and leave a message. 250.531.0570
If you need something mid week or Sunday let me know and I will come to your hotel or meet you somewhere to get some meals to you. Whatever I can do to make it work for you I will try to do it.

not sure if we will ride Fernie this year or not, but felt that was valid information to get out. Best of luck to you with this venture, I can see it being a great one for you!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure would beat having to t-bone fernnie , pull him over, just to sample his muff pot shrimp. great idea, hope to see you in the next few weeks.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a grand idea! I'm salivating now! No more nasty subway for lunch... Like Imdoon' said, hope your doing this all season ;)

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

teddybear26x

Reaction score
That's a grand idea! I'm salivating now! No more nasty subway for lunch... Like Imdoon' said, hope your doing this all season ;)

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)
Thats the plan so far. Like I said before, if you are coming down some other time or anytime and want a few meals give me a heads up and I will accommodate any day of the week. Pm, text, call me and leave me a number or an order and I will do the best I can to make sure you get what you want. I will try to keep a surplus of meals at home but give me a heads up and I'l' try to make it happen. Tomorrow is the first day so hope to see you out at the coal creek staging area.
Thanx for the positive feed back so far guys. Hope my food can bring the same remarks. Fingers crossed.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
image.jpg We had an Unsuccessful morning today but will be back out there next Saturday. Please remember if you wish for a meal any day of the week to shoot me a PM or text 250.531.0570 and I will hook you up. Also, please spread the word to your friends.

On a positive, it was great to finally meet Ferniesnow this morning. He was on his way out to set trails in the cat. What a guy!!

Last edited:

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is going to make me buy a muff pot... i think this is a great idea and you will see use supporting our local businesses.

also do you have any muff pots for sale in the parking lot.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
this is going to make me buy a muff pot... i think this is a great idea and you will see use supporting our local businesses.

also do you have any muff pots for sale in the parking lot.
Not as of yet, but I am working on it. shoot me a PM and I can hook you up with somewhere to buy one in town. New of course. Otherwise I will let you all know when I have them available for sale in the parking lot.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
How did your "opening weekend" go teddybear26x?

It was alright. Didn't sell any meals, but I thought that's what would happen. No one knows. People already had lunches. Don't use food Warmers. I got a crossed eyed look from every single vehicle that pulled in. It was pretty funny looking at people's faces reading the sign as the drive by.
Im sure it will take a few more weekends before I sell anything. I could understand pulling into a staging area and seen a sign on a truck not really..... um how to say this. I think it might be like driving down the road and seen the seafood signs and you think how safe can seafood be out of the back of a truck. I'm sure it's the same thing. Besides handing them out for free this might take some more finesse work. I know i need to advertise more but I'm not a rich guy by any means, so at this point that kinda isn't an option for me. Word of mouth is the only thing I have at the moment.

So anyways, like I said before. I know this will work so I will be out there every Saturday selling meals and you can call/pm me any time of the weeks thanx for asking TylerG

Last edited:

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea, is it possible to buy 10 or so frozen meals from you? Or are you just selling them fresh in the Parking lot

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The entrepreneurial spirit is live and well !
Best of luck with this endeavour. It's a great concept !

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Great idea, is it possible to buy 10 or so frozen meals from you? Or are you just selling them fresh in the Parking lot
Absolutely, you can buy as many as you like. Let me know via call/text or PM.
i will let you know what I have or can make and I can freeze them for you so you can enjoy them anytime you want. I even pull them out and throw one jn the oven at home if I don't feel like cooking. You say the word and I will make it happen

Top Bottom