Ride Island Lake Lodge's private property in Fernie, BC

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A ride of a life time; world class sledding, world class scenery, world class accommodations, and of course a whole lot of camaraderie!

This is hosted by Island Lake Resorts and the Fernie Snowmobile Association. Registration and additional information can be obtained at 250-423-3700 or 1-888-422-8754.
The closing date for registration is "the close of business" on April 7, 2014. As this is on a first come first serve basis, the first 40 people to register will be accepted.

I have a copy of the itinerary and safety information and if you would like that forwarded, please send me a PM with an email address and I will get them to you.
Basically, this is a two day ride with one night's accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 2 BBQ lunches, and a Saturday evening supper. A cash bar is open on the premises and private alcohol is not allowed.
If enough interest is shown, a spa could be opened for the ladies attending.
The price is $376.30/person (taxes included) based on double occupancy.
A FSA membership is required (an additional $100 with no tax) and that can be obtained on-line or by phoning Ghostrider Motorsports at 250-423-9251.
As we all know, membership has it's privileges!

ILL-1.jpg ILL-2.jpg ILL-3.jpg

ILL-5.jpg ILL-4.jpg ILL-6.jpg

ILL-7.jpg ILL-8.jpg ILL-9.jpg

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow your positive, I did this trip last year on April 14&15 and it snowed over 50cm Friday night so we got lucky and it was likely the deepest two riding days of the season! There is lots of riding in the area! Not sure what the price this year but last year it was well worth it! Amazing place to stay the night and the food is unreal! You can plan trips anytime to the mountains from Jan-April and get screwed not having any snow. I recommend this weekend to anyone.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
April 7th is the last day if you want to participate in this fantastic riding opportunity. There are spots still available.

Registration and additional information can be obtained at 250-423-3700 or 1-888-422-8754.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting pretty excited!!
It's looking pretty good for a bluebird day on Sunday......
I'm charging the camera batteries, I hear the views are spectacular.

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just talked to the Island lake people and it sounds like they did not get enough people registered so they are cancelling this weekend.
Damn it!!

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad about the cancellation...I was looking forward to going.
I think the cost of it turns a lot of people off.
Add the FSA membership to the cost of a single occupancy room, the cost to get there, your bar tab and other misc costs and you can easily end up with over a $700 hit for 1 night.
Hard to justify booking too far in advance when there is a chance of marginal snow, bad weather and/or terrain closures.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. It was pricy.
Especially for only one night.
I was counting on that being my last ride. Time to make a plan for one more weekend!!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called to see if I could come do the ride plus meal ect, basically everything but stay, and they said no, it was all or nothing, I think if they were a little more accommodating and the price was a little better they would have no trouble filling up, but its hard to justify when you can do chatter for about the same price

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the new sleds you can get to a lot more scenic locations, more easily so this may be a harder sell in the future.
The FSA could maybe do a better job of getting the word out on this too. I heard about the date through the grapevine when they (FSA) have my email and could have contacted me (and all other members) and put the word out there better.
Seems to be more about making money for Island Lake Lodge than a season wrap-up ride.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the company owns the property. They had the foresight in the olden days to buy it. It is not just a tenured lease like Fernie Alpine Resort.
That is correct. It is 7000 acres of private land island lake catskiing leased from my employer from 1986 to 1994 when they purchased the land.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe Shell Canada owned it - for whatever reason...or for that matter... how they purchased prime alpine terrain.
Probably a coal play back in the day.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Shell owned it and had purchased it from a timber company. We were after gas not coal.

Top Bottom