Backcountry Cooking!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I know you're a ways from one Doug, but Costco sells the cedar planks in a package of a few for cheap cheap. Just an FYI.

Ya' I use those on the 'Q but these little thin pieces should fit well in the lower tray of the cooker. I'm at Costco at least once a month whether it be Lethbridge or Calgary. Great stuff there.

I used to do those Pot Lickers also with salsa and sour cream,

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Co$tco. What are you dooing with 12 green pepers anyway? Muff pot only holds 3 and the rest dont keep. Smh

makin tracks

Reaction score
Busy with one of your female family members that night, sorry. You can have her back Saturday though.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

you want someone else to laugh at you besides your mom and your cousin?

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about drilling vent holes in the top of my MuffPot. We have had frozen burritos but the moisture in them makes them soggy. Wondering if the moisture had a place to go they would crisp up better.
Heck might be onto something here, the next generation MoffPot with adjustable vented lid.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about drilling vent holes in the top of my MuffPot. We have had frozen burritos but the moisture in them makes them soggy. Wondering if the moisture had a place to go they would crisp up better.
Heck might be onto something here, the next generation MoffPot with adjustable vented lid.

We have noticed that with a few items aswell. if you go for it please post back i bet a few of us would love to see if it makes a difference.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever try wrapping your food in parchment paper?
Seems to soak some of the moisture.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had been putting parchment paper just on the bottom to keep things from burning but after a few roll overs from stucks Lol it was a mess. Maybe I should drive more responsibly until meal is cooked. One time had grease come out some side venting made it look like sled had major indigestion. :) May have to put chicken wings in house oven first to burn off more of grease before the cooker can does it's job. Will never have a sled without one anymore.....

Chrisp1

Reaction score
I bought parchment bags from sobeys. They seem to work pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom