Skidoo expert

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a great deal on a set of raptors at the sled show 3gs for the setup then got 20 percent off could not be happier with how they work on my 2020

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend Elka as an option especially for customizing to your riding style. As for the 850 Turbo there was already 2 out of 3 rentals that were in the shop last weekend. One with a fuel pump that was shot and the other with waste gate module that no longer works! just my 2 cents

powwow

Reaction score
I have no idea why people are buying the turbo when the 2020 expert is essentially a perfect sled. They are releasing a new chassis soon anyways so why get the turbo in the old chassis?

I would imagine most of the people buying them now would be trading them in when the next improvement comes along. With 1 year warranty there isn't much reason to keep them anyways.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s called peeps with money!! They likely buy new every 6 months or have ****loads of money or no nagging wife!!

Nothing new!!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I have no idea why people are buying the turbo when the 2020 expert is essentially a perfect sled. They are releasing a new chassis soon anyways so why get the turbo in the old chassis?

Didn't you say in another thread, that the OEM will never release a Turbo! Ha Ha! As I say those who know don't say and those who say, well they don't know. :) The Expert is an amazing sled and with more power its twice the difference! I have no idea how YOU dont get this!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I would imagine most of the people buying them now would be trading them in when the next improvement comes along. With 1 year warranty there isn't much reason to keep them anyways.

When you ride them you understand, like the expert you can put in places with less effort, less effort on the rider and less effort on the sled. The turbo times 10 is the same, it is not harder on the engine. The biggest feeling most won't notice on the initial ride is how much it feel like it is freewheeling after you let off the throttle. It feels literally like its on wheels on a road. A huge improvement to the drag you feel now going back to NA sled.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you tried the new turbo yet? I was thinking about getting one, might just get the N/A expert instead. Not sure yet.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the new turbo yet? I was thinking about getting one, might just get the N/A expert instead. Not sure yet.

I put over 600 kms on my expert and I can't say enough about it. It's more planted then the 19 summit 850 but not as ridgid as a freeride. It gets on top of the snow better and faster then anything else I saw. I find other sleds are trenching alot more including older summit 850's. The more I ride it the better I like it. Stock clutching seems different over previous models. Just pulls hard and gets the track speed in an instant

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put over 600 kms on my expert and I can't say enough about it. It's more planted then the 19 summit 850 but not as ridgid as a freeride. It gets on top of the snow better and faster then anything else I saw. I find other sleds are trenching alot more including older summit 850's. The more I ride it the better I like it. Stock clutching seems different over previous models. Just pulls hard and gets the track speed in an instant

Nice. I rode with a few this year. They look nice, work good. Think I might rent one for a day and then rent the turbo the next day. Try em out.

sleded1

Reaction score
i am coming off of an 800 axys 174, wanted to try ski doo, so rented a 2020 freeride and was an absolute pleasure to drive on the trail, and into the trees. It took me a couple days to transition to doo where i could ride it with ease in the trees. The next week i rented the expert 165. now already comfortable with how the doo rides, i had an absolute blast riding it. Instantanious lift, along with downhill turns, and power on command for tree riding. The only downfall i need to get over is sidehilling on either side, with the axys i could sidehill while drinking tea, but need to figure out where the feet need to go and where my body goes over the sled. Expert (and freeride) give you alot of notice on climbs when your in need of a turnout, you can definatly "feel" what the machine is trying to tell you in steep and deep.
Right now im on the hunt for my new sled, and definatly going to be Doo, 1st choice Expert, second freeride ( jut dont need the good shocks for my riding), third summit x , but assume there will be some great choices for snowcheck.

sleded1

Reaction score
the expert @chappel

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 244

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am coming off of an 800 axys 174, wanted to try ski doo, so rented a 2020 freeride and was an absolute pleasure to drive on the trail, and into the trees. It took me a couple days to transition to doo where i could ride it with ease in the trees. The next week i rented the expert 165. now already comfortable with how the doo rides, i had an absolute blast riding it. Instantanious lift, along with downhill turns, and power on command for tree riding. The only downfall i need to get over is sidehilling on either side, with the axys i could sidehill while drinking tea, but need to figure out where the feet need to go and where my body goes over the sled. Expert (and freeride) give you alot of notice on climbs when your in need of a turnout, you can definatly "feel" what the machine is trying to tell you in steep and deep.
Right now im on the hunt for my new sled, and definatly going to be Doo, 1st choice Expert, second freeride ( jut dont need the good shocks for my riding), third summit x , but assume there will be some great choices for snowcheck.

Don’t try to dangle the skidoo. It just doesn’t work. Both feet on the running boards. It annoys me a bit because I like to use my foot to pedal or push the sled in deep snow. I struggled a lot with this until I realized I was doing unnecessary work.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t try to dangle the skidoo. It just doesn’t work. Both feet on the running boards. It annoys me a bit because I like to use my foot to pedal or push the sled in deep snow. I struggled a lot with this until I realized I was doing unnecessary work.
Ya, you don't need to do the Polaris foot push

Like all the guys on them movies doo

I still to this day, dont like the feel of foot pushing, feel like I'll fall off or my foot will get caught or some chit ( especially since I broke my ankle riding )

Mabe it's just me

Top Bottom