Soda Stream

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone have one?
Pros and cons?

I'm thinking of getting one, because of the amount of Bubly's I drink.

Pretty big initial investment, Just wondering if they're worth it?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t have one but do hear about the cost of cartridge CO refills .

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one use it lots.
Use water enhancer most the time or just plane water.
The CO2 from soda stream are expensive $20.00
I get a 5lb bottle filled for that.
Just have to by the bottle and fill station which was around $150.00 that was a while ago.
Easy to fill just like a paint ball co2
There is someone on Facebook that fills them for $10.00
Really Cold water takes the co2 best I always keep water in the fridge.
Buying the soda stream syrup doesn't make sense way to expensive tried the bubly's syrup didn't like it.

Also can't add anything to the water before adding the co2 just bubbles everywhere.
And don't try adding co2 to coffee or tea big mess
Don't think gravy would do very good

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do. Crappy tire one. Not a big consumer but it’s nice. I use it and put the flavour squirt liquid in it. you can make up an adaptor to run the big co2 tank. Penny to make fizzy drinks. The stock cyl lasts ok but is expensive to replace. Look around as I’m sure you can find a store in your area that sells compressed gasses. Deposit on the tank but cheap gas.
fizz on trashy.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have three of them, the one I really like is the electric version. You can choose three different levels of fiz, the same every time. Second place is newest called "Art" is the retro version, single lever that works easily, quik change bottle & cartridge. It is in Red & looks kinda cool on the counter. Third place is the original version, you screw the bottle in & press the button hard to fizz....PIA Ha!

I had thought about tracking the L per canister, never did. The convenience factor of not dealing with bottles & cans is a major.

Having three of them, one a home @ work & the Rec property simplifies things. If I believed I was upside down L per cartridge I would not have three.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one when i was a kid. Was great until the co2 runs out. Lol

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have three of them, the one I really like is the electric version. You can choose three different levels of fiz, the same every time. Second place is newest called "Art" is the retro version, single lever that works easily, quik change bottle & cartridge. It is in Red & looks kinda cool on the counter. Third place is the original version, you screw the bottle in & press the button hard to fizz....PIA Ha!

I had thought about tracking the L per canister, never did. The convenience factor of not dealing with bottles & cans is a major.

Having three of them, one a home @ work & the Rec property simplifies things. If I believed I was upside down L per cartridge I would not have three.
I'm at 8.520 Liters of Bubly (24 cans from Costco), for $10.00 + Deposit (refundable) + GST

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I used to spend the same on bubbly's. but if it saves you much depends. if you're buying the flavouring for it you'll save some $ but not a ton. the price of the the flavour syrups is crazy. I use mine and just add a little lime juice. for that its wayyyyy cheaper. its $19.99 and does 60L of water. and I've stretched it out quite a bit past that. which is way cheaper than buying bubbly's. also if you wait and keep an eye at Canadian Tire they sell off the units really cheap on sale sometimes.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife has one, she loves it and uses it every day.
I like it cause way less cans to send to recycle. LOL

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have one…. Probably 5 years now… use it daily. My RO machine in my house makes great water, pair it with some bubbles… better than any boughten sparkling water. Have a couple syrups mixtures, but rarely use them. The kid does once in a while.
I use soda exclusively for mix…
Rye & soda
Spiced & soda
The gf drinks pink Whitney & soda

Top Bottom