Skidoo expert

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black M/S retailed for $16749. 2020 Black SP retailed for $15499. $1250 diff but Expert has a paint penalty that the black SP doesn't have as well. The shocks and the remote limiter adjuster make up the diff. Everything else is free and you get an extra year warranty to boot on the Expert. Hands down a better deal.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of the same questions about the expert, thanks for info fellas. One thing I did do this year was put the expert spindles and ski rubbers on my '18, I'm a fairly seasoned riser and have rode them all and I don't even understand how such a small change made such a big difference but everything about the way the sled handles is improved, it doesn't want to shoot you uphill while sidehilling hardly at all anymore, and the ability to cut through ruts now In the tight technical trees is unreal, with the front shocks set up properly and a decent rear skid (baker) I might even like my doo better in the tight **** than an axys, I know that's a swear word on here but it really is a huuuuge difference, I would guess the shorter tunnel makes it even better. I wouldn't waste your money an SP, the little things about the expert make a big difference and at least with an expert you'll have some resale value in two years when you buy the turbo, an sp will take a massive hit in resale value. Just $0.02 from an average joe.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The expert front spindles are the same geometry as the other spindles.

That's what I thought too but when I put them up against my old ones, there is a slightly different bend in them, I should have took a picture, but its probably the rubbers that made the most difference.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spec sheets say "lightweight ski spindle with revised geometry and new ski stopper". I'm pretty sure this is true? No mention of any changes in Summit X or SP in spec sheet.

Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
Awesome everyone this is very helpful info
I will just sit and wait to see what gets unveiled. Maybe they will drop the x like who knows

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a thread on snowest about this. The spindles are 200g lighter each and the new ski bushing changes the geometry when sidehilling, the pad of the spindle is probably different to accommodate the new bushing.

The ambassadors said in that thread that the spindle geometry has not changed.

Last edited:

gregv88

Reaction score
Rode my Expert for 3 days then got distracted with a 850T. Been riding many years and have never had a machine that worked so well out of the crate. So far I’m still thinking the Expert handles technical stuff even better than the 850T but we are slowly making changes to see if it can work the same as the Expert in the trees. If the 850T hadn’t happened I would be totally fine on the Expert.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode my Expert for 3 days then got distracted with a 850T. Been riding many years and have never had a machine that worked so well out of the crate. So far I’m still thinking the Expert handles technical stuff even better than the 850T but we are slowly making changes to see if it can work the same as the Expert in the trees. If the 850T hadn’t happened I would be totally fine on the Expert.

What makes the expert better in the technical stuff over the turbo? In your opinion?

gregv88

Reaction score
So far it seems to be suspension setup. Changed the riser and that helped but I’m not a fan of the rear skid shock. Have an Expert take off to try this week and we will see. Shock off the FreeRide might be an option before doing away with the coil springs. Turbo is great in the technical stuff also but it requires different inputs for me anyway. You can get away with relaxing a bit as the extra HP puts you on top pretty quick in comparison.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far it seems to be suspension setup. Changed the riser and that helped but I’m not a fan of the rear skid shock. Have an Expert take off to try this week and we will see. Shock off the FreeRide might be an option before doing away with the coil springs. Turbo is great in the technical stuff also but it requires different inputs for me anyway. You can get away with relaxing a bit as the extra HP puts you on top pretty quick in comparison.
Shhh Greg, you can criticize the rear suspension on this forum.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Interesting, maybe the story I heard was incorrect than. I thought someone said the 850T had stiffer valving in the rear shock than the expert. Let is know how the expert shock works. I’ve never ridden a expert so I can’t comment on the suspension package it has.

Top Bottom