Skidoo expert

Boost Monster

Reaction score
The Rear Shock on the T850 is valved stiffer already by a bunch compared to the a NA expert. It’s not enough still thou for me. I will have a full FOX QRS 3 air shock system front and back with a rear shock lock-out function for my T850. This should help a lot climbing the steep and deep. I also already have put the HD rear springs which helped a bit already. NA 850 is a great sled also but the T850 takes it to a whole level. Runs cleaner and more responsive then a NA 850 has both in my riding group to compare even with the T850 in 55% break-in mode still. Others who rode my sled said the same thing. All smiles on my
T850��

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rear Shock on the T850 is valved stiffer already by a bunch compared to the a NA expert. It’s not enough still thou for me. I will have a full FOX QRS 3 air shock system front and back with a rear shock lock-out function for my T850. This should help a lot climbing the steep and deep. I also already have put the HD rear springs which helped a bit already. NA 850 is a great sled also but the T850 takes it to a whole level. Runs cleaner and more responsive then a NA 850 has both in my riding group to compare even with the T850 in 55% break-in mode still. Others who rode my sled said the same thing. All smiles on my
T850
What exactly are you getting for a suspension?

I was looking at the toms qs3 kit with the torsion delete.

gregv88

Reaction score
I have a set of the HD springs but wanted to try the rear shock first. Yes they put the summit x rear shock in the T850 and it has a higher rebound and compression setting but I wonder if the adjustability would be better in different conditions? HD springs with better adjustable shock is worth a try. Have an old Tom’s setup on an 08 XP and was very happy with it. Tried a Nextech in a full carbon fiber xp and wasn’t convinced it was as good however it was way lighter than the Tom’s setup.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The right shock valving with correct spring rates are very important? No ?
Why wouldn’t a sledder go with the Enzo tuning as he has a system that works very well and in Alberta ?
Non turbo and turbo ?

Boost Monster

Reaction score
47A52308-16C9-44F1-99B3-165ACED2FDCD.png
What exactly are you gettingg for a suspension?

I was looking at the toms qs3 kit with the torsion delete.

Boost Monster

Reaction score
Hey Skegpro The set up I’m getting has a QSL rear shock like you stated TOM’s has. It will have the Lock-out function. Im just getting them on our side of the border.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Skegpro The set up I’m getting has a QSL rear shock like you stated TOM’s has. It will have the Lock-out function. Im just getting them on our side of the border.
Really. Who has a QSL on our side of the boarder?

I have only seen QS3 in Canada.
Guess you could get the valving changed.......

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The right shock valving with correct spring rates are very important? No ?
Why wouldn’t a sledder go with the Enzo tuning as he has a system that works very well and in Alberta ?
Non turbo and turbo ?

Agreed, I won’t run anything else. Very pleased with them.

Some just dont know, never tried it and have a bias already on the kyb’s.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does a full revalve cost?
Did you change springs too?
https://www.enzocanada.com/
To do a x model or the 850T the price is 1700. Comes with different torsion springs.

The c-40 shock is the biggest cost to the kit. The expert comes with a C-36.
It cost me 2700 because I have a SP but now the shocks are mine.
When I get a turbo 850 I will send them in to Tim and get his tweaks and upgrades done.

The torsion springs that came for my weight are actually for a MXZ.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To do a x model or the 850T the price is 1700. Comes with different torsion springs.

When I get a turbo 850 I will send them in to Tim and get his tweaks and upgrades done.

Yikes, double your cash and you have a full set of new shocks.

Put the factory socks back on before resale.

Just my 2 cents

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes, double your cash and you have a full set of new shocks.

Put the factory socks back on before resale.

Just my 2 cents

Yep thats what Ive done. I still have my SP shocks.
Regardless, even if a person bought a x and had the shocks done, just swap the shocks over to a the new sled, my buddy has been doing that with his G4.

gregv88

Reaction score
Agree with Maxwell on the air only shock. I know Fox has made big improvements but still feel a $$ sting from the early days of trying to figure them out. When we switched to Coil-overs on the bikes it was night and day difference too. If I’m still wanting after the FreeRide shock then will check out the Enzo option or Elka.

brendan.9

Reaction score

ouch that's expensive... i bought a used set of elka stage 5 for 1500 rode them for 4 years than sent them to elka for a rebuild that was only 500. Not sure i'd be recommending that service for the price... like stated be better off buying a new set of raptors and keeping your shocks to put back on to swap them to next sled or sell them and recoup some of the cost.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple you guys are comparing apples and bananas. Lol
Read what Caper said .
He bought the shocks and springs out right . $2700.00 complete , so he still has his stock shocks .
Buying a set of used shocks and comparing to new ??

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple you guys are comparing apples and bananas. Lol
Read what Caper said .
He bought the shocks and springs out right . $2700.00 complete , so he still has his stock shocks .
Buying a set of used shocks and comparing to new ??

ya and thats 2700 fully customized. Not a bad deal. Take 1000 off if you already have an X

Top Bottom