PRO'S: Shorter tunnel to evacuate snow better
Specially coated shocks for better heat dissipation
New rear piggyback shock
Remote limiter strap adjuster
New front suspension geometry
Shorter riser
Kuster 47C seat
Did I miss anything?

CON's: Sled coolant temps run higher on icy, hard trails because of very short sno flap
Not available with factory estart

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PRO'S: Shorter tunnel to evacuate snow better
Specially coated shocks for better heat dissipation
New rear piggyback shock
Remote limiter strap adjuster
New front suspension geometry
Shorter riser
Kuster 47C seat
Did I miss anything?

CON's: Sled coolant temps run higher on icy, hard trails because of very short sno flap
Not available with factory estart
Legit question here.
Do they sidehills better now?

And what changed in the a arm geometry? Move ski forward?

Last g4 I took for a serious ride was a 17 and 18.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legit question here.
Do they sidehills better now?

And what changed in the a arm geometry? Move ski forward?

Last g4 I took for a serious ride was a 17 and 18.

They side hill amazing. Spindle moves ski forward a bit. You need to try the new expert it’s a vast improvement they work very well. That being said the handlebars need to be properly setup to really give the sled a true test. Lots of guys destroy the handling by how they have the bars set. Set your bars in Custer mode

Utter_Kaos

Reaction score
Thanks. Maxwell. Still on the fence
On snow checking or picking up a 2020 sp. coming off a 2017 summit x 165with my exit shocks I will be keeping. Trying to see if the expert is worth the jump up I had they side hill better but wasn’t sure.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6057a1994bba45f93ff347d18af0db3f.jpg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The expert is a waste of money. Just buy a sp . Shorter tunnel who cares, coated junk shocks , o it sidehills better if u cant side hill any of these modern sleds with 36 front u dont need a expert. Happy sledding. 850 sp will go anywhere that so called expert will go. They are just taking your money.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The expert is a waste of money. Just buy a sp . Shorter tunnel who cares, coated junk shocks , o it sidehills better if u cant side hill any of these modern sleds with 36 front u dont need a expert. Happy sledding. 850 sp will go anywhere that so called expert will go. They are just taking your money.

I fully disagree, The adjustable limiter strap, better bars, Better front shock and Remote reservoir rear shock, shorter bar riser all make a big difference. The tunnel mod makes the biggest difference of all. As for the junk shocks, they handle fantastic and are 20% stiffer than years previous its all part of a well designed good handling factory package. You cant Build an SP into an expert for the same price difference. Sure an SP 850 is a great sled but if your looking for the top of the line machine that you dont have to touch a thing...... its the expert.

An Sp with aftermarket shocks will NOT handle like an expert.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every customer I've talked to that bought one says its the best sled they have ever owned. I beg to differ on how well it works in comparison to an SP. The shorter tunnel evacuates snow so much better than an SP will and makes for much better deep snow performance than an SP. The new designed front suspension is way more predictable than the SP's 2017-18-19 suspension. Not leaps and bounds better but for the knowledgeable rider its noticeable. The rear shock is far better than anything Skidoo has had on a Summit ever excluding the Freeride. A lot of the other stuff is very minor like coatings, seat, and handlebars although the limiter strap remote adjuster is a nice touch and is a $$ option for an SP if you were inclined to put one on an SP for ease of adjustment. Without the rebates offered on non current SP's right now the Expert is hands down a better deal IMO.

Top Bottom