BDX synchrodrive

Outwest1

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with the synchro drive set up from BDX on a 2017 m8? Just looking at pros and cons of it

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the best upgrade you will do to your sled.
Any sled today running a chain will benefit, con's are way less then a chain drive style.
Today, any new sled running a chain drive is missing the bullseye.
Your 2017 M8 is a perfect sled for the Syncro drive.

Levithan

Reaction score
I have one on my turbo 17 mountain cat and it works awesome. Nothing bad to say about it except the initial cost of it and a spare belt.
Have never broken a belt in the last 2000km but always have to carry a spare just in case.

Outwest1

Reaction score
I have one on my turbo 17 mountain cat and it works awesome. Nothing bad to say about it except the initial cost of it and a spare belt.
Have never broken a belt in the last 2000km but always have to carry a spare just

Outwest1

Reaction score
Did you do any clutch work ? Just curious as I went with cv tech clutch already and am wondering how it will work with that clutch system

Levithan

Reaction score
Mine has a heavier primary spring and heavier weights being a turbo, secondary is stock. The syncrodrive will work with any clutch setup as it is just a chain and gear replacement, has nothing to do with your clutches.

Outwest1

Reaction score
OK just getting as much info as I can before I make that kind of purchase. The more the better.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I see in your thread title that you are looking at a BDX Syncrodrive. If you live in Canada, according to website prices, you would be far better off buying from Specialty Motorsports. They are the same price as BDX except Specialty is in Canadian and BDX is in US funds. I run the Syncrodrive on a 2013 800 Cat turbo and love it. There is weight and performance gains over the chain drive. If you break a belt (never have) it takes minutes to change on the hill and the spare belt literally weighs ounces so I carry one. Carry a spare chain and oil and change it on the hill if you haven't shredded the chaincase when the chain blew apart, not very handy. There are many top and bottom gear options to get the right ratio for your sled as well.

Top Bottom