Skidoo Dealers-Good and bad!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x4 for Riverside. Great to deal with, great service and i didn't even buy my first two sleds there but they looked after them like I did. So based on the wicked service I got there, I bought the next new one from them.

Oh, who's the new azz hole trouble maker. Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days. Sounds like he's from the west side doo dealer to me.

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Can I ask who you took your quad to?
Thanks

It sure wasn't you guy's. You guy's have treated my absolutely Stellar over the past 5 years. I have no complaints at all from your service department or sales team. The only problem I have with Ecko is that you are too damn far away from me now. I operate out of Rocky now and I doo appreciate that you ship me parts still :d :beer: :beer:
There now I have to go wipe my chin off :eek: j/k .... keep up the good work and I'll be talking to you in April when I pickup my new Outlander from you.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
x4 for Riverside. Great to deal with, great service and i didn't even buy my first two sleds there but they looked after them like I did. So based on the wicked service I got there, I bought the next new one from them.

Oh, who's the new azz hole trouble maker. Sorry I haven't been on here for a few days. Sounds like he's from the west side doo dealer to me.

As in Martin Equipment :confused: he claims he's from Stettler though? Pretty long commute :eek:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, it's Trent from Martin (west side doo dealer) the one everyone bitches about.....

As in Martin Equipment :confused: he claims he's from Stettler though? Pretty long commute :eek:

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Avoided a catastophy...... piston I have is 72.5mm...one I need is 69mm...Plio pointed out the new one was domed and the old one was not, this made Us take a closer look....3/16 diffence in top stroke. If gone un-noticed I would have blown the head to pieces...

Kutos to Echo, they dug up part #'s did comaprisons for me and helped me with part #'s I need, now hopefully Riverside will exchange my piston for me (it was purchased there).....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when do you think you'll have it running? A bit of fresh snow might make for a ride.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
needed parts for a 08 tra primary clutch.
called turple bros rd dr {no parts}
trackside olds {no parts}
wetaskiwin {no parts}
camrose {no parts}
buck lake {may have parts}

getting a little po'd called

echo marine ab beach {had all the parts i needed in stock}

partsman was fast, knowledgeable and didn't dick around. they will be the first i call from now on, as i'll support those that can keep me riding, dealers who don't stock basic parts are going on my do not support list. as i need it now not 7 to 10 days from now. maybe we should start to voice our opinion on not stocking parts as it cuts into our riding time.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
needed parts for a 08 tra primary clutch.
called turple bros rd dr {no parts}
trackside olds {no parts}
wetaskiwin {no parts}
camrose {no parts}
buck lake {may have parts}

getting a little po'd called

echo marine ab beach {had all the parts i needed in stock}

partsman was fast, knowledgeable and didn't dick around. they will be the first i call from now on, as i'll support those that can keep me riding, dealers who don't stock basic parts are going on my do not support list. as i need it now not 7 to 10 days from now. maybe we should start to voice our opinion on not stocking parts as it cuts into our riding time.

Tell you what.... Go buy your own store.... and stock every part for EVERY machine brp makes... as to not "cut into peoples riding time" Then when your business goes under... give me a shout ill pick it up cheap. I understand that it was parts for an 08 primary clutch.... but the parts have also changed since 08 and arent big on the priority list.. You have to look at the time of year too.. you cant expect someone to carry everything all year around.. Most of these stores have other product lines to worry about. Otherwise..... they will go out of buisness and you will have Nowhere to get your stuff.....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Tell you what.... Go buy your own store.... and stock every part for EVERY machine brp makes... as to not "cut into peoples riding time" Then when your business goes under... give me a shout ill pick it up cheap. I understand that it was parts for an 08 primary clutch.... but the parts have also changed since 08 and arent big on the priority list.. You have to look at the time of year too.. you cant expect someone to carry everything all year around.. Most of these stores have other product lines to worry about. Otherwise..... they will go out of buisness and you will have Nowhere to get your stuff.....

Echo Marine manages without going under.....

Just sayin...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

instead of the big wine maybe give Echo marine a call they seem to stock the parts and have the doors wide open. not sure were you get your info, all parts for an 08 clutch are the same or have been updated, maybe thats why you can't sell stuff as you can't figure out how to read the fine print. please go out of business so no one has to deal with you,

that's right they don't now. BYE BYE.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that it was parts for an 08 primary clutch.... but the parts have also changed since 08 and arent big on the priority list.. [\QUOTE]

OK - sorry but I gotta say that is the typical line of BS out there. Why wouldn't the 2000 - 2008 stock be the biggest $$$ maker out there? They should be priority. Lots of these sleds running around and needing replacement parts as the mileage racks up. Dealers seem to stock the newest parts....why?? because OEM can't seem to make anything that lasts more than a season or two, or it needs upgrading after a year. Example: Why do shocks need rebuilding almost every season? Why not just admit the dealers don't want to carry the overhead? It's the big elephant in the room and everyone pretends it doesn't exist.

IMO - if a sled is built correctly and built to last, why would you need to stock parts for it until it was at least 3 yrs old? this is when stuff should start to wear out, not after 1, maybe 2 seasons.......I bought a brand new truck this year, other than oil filters I really don't expect to spend $$ on it until 2015 when the warranty is up. If I was dumping $$$ into it before then I'm just a fool.

Pretty sad when you drop $14 large on a sled and have to replace parts after a year, even after 2 yrs, under warranty or not. Why not just build a better sled? oh yes, the $$$ thing.......riiiiiight..... 08 stock should still be on the shelf, unless we are already calling "08" obsolete because they released a new sled.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
instead of the big wine maybe give Echo marine a call they seem to stock the parts and have the doors wide open. not sure were you get your info, all parts for an 08 clutch are the same or have been updated, maybe thats why you can't sell stuff as you can't figure out how to read the fine print. please go out of business so no one has to deal with you,

that's right they don't now. BYE BYE.

Becuase they stock the parts YOU need that makes them the best? I know they are awsome and im not saying they aren't.... But if you walk in there and try to get a rail or something for a new sled... and they dont stock it because its too big or for whatever reason they dont have what you looking for... would that automatically make them a bad ski doo dealer? Read the title...

Top Bottom