Skidoo Dealers-Good and bad!

Dirka-Dirka

Reaction score
Anytime you warranty a product like a sled that is used in the mountains your bound to have warranty issues. After all I have been putting it up Husky's wazoo for long enough ha! So what comes around goes around eh? After all it's all about perceived value!

I like Riverside Honda and used to only go to Bobby Mickus

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on Riverside and they have been good to me with my usa sleds also, but I also buy the new sleds from them only the used out of states....Time to ride...

Reaction score
Website
www.bowcyclesouth.com
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on our dealership.

there is a staff down here now that all have been working in the industry for years. Kirsti in parts and Drew in Service know what there talking about. and if they are unsure they will find out and or give it there best shot to get u an answer. the Techs as well are sledders and one has been working on BRP product for 20+ years now. We have happy people that leave here everyday because of the service we have down here.

On a side not, we cant stock everythign for every unit. this is a new store and we have to have a year or two to see the fast moving parts to the ones that just sit on our sheves. one of the bigest money buckets is Parts. if there is no parts history on it how can anyone expect us to stock it. that is typically the main reason people leave here un happy with parts is cuz we have to order it.

we also get alot of ppl coming in wanting stuff for nothing, how can any dealer give stuff away. if they/we did no one would be in buisness. you just have to think about it for a sec and ask your self to put yourself in the staffs shoes. there doing what we are asked to do. no where does it give any person to come in and treat dealers liek crap or even talk then down over the internet. one persons bad experence because " fuel line" is out of stock. gets blown into they just ignored my for ever then when i asked for the parts they were rude. all dealers get it and its just uncalled for.

all iam getting at is
TREAT PEOPLE WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU WANNA GET BACK FROM THEM!

all the staff at BowCycle South have been in the industry long enough to know not to take crap, but be as professional as they can. and YES everyone makes mistakes some times. no ones perfect

:)thanks again to all the positive comments everyone! we are a new dealer with just BRP product and we are getting better and better every day.:)

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on our dealership.

there is a staff down here now that all have been working in the industry for years. Kirsti in parts and Drew in Service know what there talking about. and if they are unsure they will find out and or give it there best shot to get u an answer. the Techs as well are sledders and one has been working on BRP product for 20+ years now. We have happy people that leave here everyday because of the service we have down here.

On a side not, we cant stock everythign for every unit. this is a new store and we have to have a year or two to see the fast moving parts to the ones that just sit on our sheves. one of the bigest money buckets is Parts. if there is no parts history on it how can anyone expect us to stock it. that is typically the main reason people leave here un happy with parts is cuz we have to order it.

we also get alot of ppl coming in wanting stuff for nothing, how can any dealer give stuff away. if they/we did no one would be in buisness. you just have to think about it for a sec and ask your self to put yourself in the staffs shoes. there doing what we are asked to do. no where does it give any person to come in and treat dealers liek crap or even talk then down over the internet. one persons bad experence because " fuel line" is out of stock. gets blown into they just ignored my for ever then when i asked for the parts they were rude. all dealers get it and its just uncalled for.

all iam getting at is
TREAT PEOPLE WITH THE SAME RESPECT YOU WANNA GET BACK FROM THEM!

all the staff at BowCycle South have been in the industry long enough to know not to take crap, but be as professional as they can. and YES everyone makes mistakes some times. no ones perfect

:)thanks again to all the positive comments everyone! we are a new dealer with just BRP product and we are getting better and better every day.:)

"everyone wants something for nothing" Very well put. Keep in mind these are the same people on here trashing dealerships!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I was critical of one dealer and praised another.........my karma is ballanced

No sense getting all worked up about the opinions of a few....Just because I choose not to support a certain dealer does not mean that everyone else will do the same.......

Still not sure what dealer you represent but if I were to weigh the replies in this thread and use them to decide which dealer to spend my money at based on attitude towards customers...... I'd be driving to Bow Cycle...

Just sayin....

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I was critical of one dealer and praised another.........my karma is ballanced

No sense getting all worked up about the opinions of a few....Just because I choose not to support a certain dealer does not mean that everyone else will do the same.......

Still not sure what dealer you represent but if I were to weigh the replies in this thread and use them to decide which dealer to spend my money at based on attitude towards customers...... I'd be driving to Bow Cycle...

Just sayin....

Can you really make a judgement call on my attitude towards customers off what you are reading on a post on the internet. I dont know if there is anyone else on here that actually knows who I am yet but im sure they will have nothing but good stuff to say. and no... I dont work there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you really make a judgement call on my attitude towards customers off what you are reading on a post on the internet. I dont know if there is anyone else on here that actually knows who I am yet but im sure they will have nothing but good stuff to say. and no... I dont work there.

i have nothing but good things to say about you. but i have no idea where you work:beer::d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
What a bunch of clown's all you fool's are. You think it makes the service guys down there sleep better at night ripping people off? You bring them your seld after you ride it like a hillbilly into a rock or a tree then its thier fault its expesive to fix?? Goof... As for you guys out there compalining about high sled prices in edmonton......... Then you drive out 4 hours to buy a sled.... then have a problem and come to a local dealer and wonder..... Duuuuuuu why cant I get a deal here...... duhhh how come im not getting as good as service as that guy... duhhhh. Glad you saved a couple hund bud.... thanks for coming out.

Pretty much anyone that drives 4 hours and wastes 200 bucks in fuel to save 200 bucks on a sled is a clown. Beat it.[/QUOTE]

Get a bucket for the sand fallin out of your vag. Its sledding it costs money. deal with it or try cross country skiing. If you buy your sled somewhere like that take it there when it breaks. Drive all the way back there everytime you have a problem... sick of hearing about people on here that buy stuff so far away to ssave some bean then come on here and freak about someone not treating them good a dealership they sit here and bash all day... but when it comes down to it... who are you coming running too with the "ooohh guys I need my seld fixed before the weekend because i have to go to the mountains"......"but I didnt buy it here.... But give me a good deal anyways..... and give me cheap parts......I dont have the time to take my sled way down there to get it fixed and then come back then drive back there and get it then drive back before I go to the mountians." If you want to go buy your sled somewhere else fine.... But stop sitting here bashing everyone you geeks becuase you all know you come to other dealers when you need favors!

A..... All brp's plugs have have different part numbers for different sleds because they are gapped properly... not including them banging around getting shipped... which would happen anywhere.
B...... The MOST.... abostoly MOST expensive plug brp has is 11 dollars... So stop blowing things out of proportion for a pat on the back. "quote" "Like I said, when you have to replace a belt, don't come crying." Bud....... Im not the one crying... haha quot "Why does a piston for my Cat cost 1/2 as much as the one for my Doo?" Thats like asking why a kia is cheaper than a ferarri. Beat it!

Is anyone forcing you to reply?
The only thing forcing me to read this thread is the people making everyone look SOOOOOO bad with all these exaggerations and lies. . Im more or less saying... the people up here that are telling everyone they saved 1500 hundred dollars buying a sled somehwere else.... Other than the fact that is total bs and anyone witha brian would know that. Maybe between like a 10x and a 08 eversest or something.... Your steering other people away from places that they may really like.. So before you put something like that up here consider what your doing. Just becuase you want to drive way across the province to buy a sled and save some money... doesnt mean its a good idea. So stop making it sound like all local dealers bend you over because you all know theres now way someone could sell you an identical sled for 1500 dollars cheaper than the next place... NOT POSSIBLE! Give people a chance to make up thier own mind about places before you trash them to peices. Who is going to want to walk into a place that charges thousands of dollars more for a same sled than the next place...........

Im suprised you found time for this post in between riding Mr. R's and Bow Cycle South's wangs! Thanks for copying down all that info for me man ive never been on a sled before.... seriosly didnt know there was 2 spark plugs.... thanks bro.

"everyone wants something for nothing" Very well put. Keep in mind these are the same people on here trashing dealerships!

I feel confident that I can...................... but then again I'm just an internet geek with a clown suit and sand in my vag who expects something for nothing after riding my sled like a hillbilly into a rock having nothing better to do than tell lies which make reputable dealers look bad because they won't fix my sled for free....... about summs it up????????????????

I'm gonna go get me a Brian and get my life back on track, even 1/2 a brian will do..... thanks for the counceling......MMMMMMMMMMMM TUNA........

Last edited:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The south location for Bow Cycle has provided me with nothing but excellent service.
It's nice to come in looking for some rear springs and have Kirsti know exactly which ones you're talking about, then on top of that, she's got a box of them right there. You can have a chat about riser block sizes, thermostats, intakes, suspensions, and all kinds of things that someone at a street bike shop, that happens to sells skidoo's, would know nothing about.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone forcing you to reply?
The only thing forcing me to read this thread is the people making everyone look SOOOOOO bad with all these exaggerations and lies. . Im more or less saying... the people up here that are telling everyone they saved 1500 hundred dollars buying a sled somehwere else.... Other than the fact that is total bs and anyone witha brian would know that. Maybe between like a 10x and a 08 eversest or something.... Your steering other people away from places that they may really like.. So before you put something like that up here consider what your doing. Just becuase you want to drive way across the province to buy a sled and save some money... doesnt mean its a good idea. So stop making it sound like all local dealers bend you over because you all know theres now way someone could sell you an identical sled for 1500 dollars cheaper than the next place... NOT POSSIBLE! Give people a chance to make up thier own mind about places before you trash them to peices. Who is going to want to walk into a place that charges thousands of dollars more for a same sled than the next place...........

09 Summit Everest
Dealer A's price includes electric start, 2 year warranty, freight & pdi
Dealer B's price includes none of the above.
You figure out the difference.

Read the title of the thread. The whole point is to get consumer feedback. I purchase parts and accessories from several different dealers in and around Edmonton, sometimes the service is amazing, other times not so much. Just depends on the day and person I'm dealing with. Most of the time pricing is bang on but sometimes there is up to a 20% difference. Buddy buys a used sled privately has an issue and the dealership says won't touch it because you didn't buy it here, or we will get to it when we get to it. Then takes it to another dealership and they take and have it back to him in 4 days. Where do you think buddy is going next time. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions, and buy from where they choose. No reason to get bent out of shape over it.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x3 for Riverside. I feel the service I get there is exceptional. I do spend a lot there but thats why-the service-. Ill even pay a little extra when buying a new unit just to receive the level of service they have been providing me.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can honestly say if the dealership has the parts i buy them there. mainly they cost more , but i am riding right away. no you can not stock every part but come on, most parts interchange. you have a real good idea which sleds you sell a lot of, now you tell us you can not stock high ware items, give us a break, customers are hard to come by and harder to retain. me thinks you need some public relations training or you may be out of a job. piss the customer off and they go somewhere else, as my money is welcome in more places than your shop. Stettler hmm not many shops there.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
can honestly say if the dealership has the parts i buy them there. mainly they cost more , but i am riding right away. no you can not stock every part but come on, most parts interchange. you have a real good idea which sleds you sell a lot of, now you tell us you can not stock high ware items, give us a break, customers are hard to come by and harder to retain. me thinks you need some public relations training or you may be out of a job. piss the customer off and they go somewhere else, as my money is welcome in more places than your shop. Stettler hmm not many shops there.

Me thinks his interests lie in an Edmonton shop..........Just a guess

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Me thinks his interests lie in an Edmonton shop..........Just a guess

Bugged you all day didn't it.. haha. Had to post something else. Get a life buddy let it go. Fine.. I think your ultra cool and you know everything about ski doo's in the whole world.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Bugged you all day didn't it.. haha. Had to post something else. Get a life buddy let it go. Fine.. I think your ultra cool and you know everything about ski doo's in the whole world.

Don't claim to know much.....infact I'm new to the whole sled thing and am mechanically retarded, I know squat and rely on the guys on here for help and advise, but I will learn. Pretty amazing crew on here, I've recieved better volunteer service on here than I ever have at any dealer. I poke and prod and stir the pot and have a good time doing so....Like you said "It's the internet"

Cheers

Ian

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't claim to know much.....infact I'm new to the whole sled thing and am mechanically retarded, I know squat and rely on the guys on here for help and advise, but I will learn. Pretty amazing crew on here, I've recieved better volunteer service on here than I ever have at any dealer. I poke and prod and stir the pot and have a good time doing so....Like you said "It's the internet"

Cheers

Ian

:d:d:d:d thanks booger you always know how to make a guy smile. lol did you get your summit running?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Cheers

Ian

Well Thats cool.. its a good place to start. The only thing I was saying on here before everyone unleashed the dragon on me... Is that just becuase someone puts something on here..... doesnt make it right.... Theres alot of people putting up false statements up here...Or personal opinions that are getting stated as "FACTS!". Just dont want people beliving it all thats all!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Thats cool.. its a good place to start. The only thing I was saying on here before everyone unleashed the dragon on me... Is that just becuase someone puts something on here..... doesnt make it right.... Theres alot of people putting up false statements up here...Or personal opinions that are getting stated as "FACTS!". Just dont want people beliving it all thats all!

You basically came on here calling everyone a lier and ranting how stupid we all are...you should get some of your facts straight before spouting off. Saving 1000-1500 from one dealer to another no matter what brand you are buying is very common...Just pick up the phone and call a couple different dealers to see what you get. As far as what dealer you are from I'm sure were ever it is your the guy hiding around the corner whenever there is a problem...quick to call names and put everyone down when hiding behind your computer....class act 163x800r....Hope you can put up some more informative posts

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
:d:d:d:d thanks booger you always know how to make a guy smile. lol did you get your summit running?

I was too tired last night to deal with it.... so tonight she gets built...If all goes as planned she'll be idling by 9pm...... then it's beer and hot-tub:d

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turning into another one of theos threads that wont be around for long!:eek: it's just the internet guys, imagine if everyone behaved in real life the way they do on here! alot of people would look about 6yrs old

163x800r needs to watch boggers internet edicate vid!

Top Bottom