Skidoo Dealers-Good and bad!

donj

Reaction score
I have dealt with Marvin at Trackside for years, he's a good guy and they are "enthusiasts"..seems to make a difference..some dealers sell but don't ride, therefore are "out of touch"..their number is 1-403-556-7009..IF you can get thru..and IF you can get hold of Marvin..on the sales end yur hooped if u can't get hold of him...kindof a "one man show" it seems?!:(

SummitMilf

Reaction score
Martin , at Riverside Honda/Ski-doo.

Call him book your order, on Monday. C/C, handy for deposit. P/up on Thursday. Sat. at the latest. No BS, just a great salesperson to deal with. I have bought 2 new sleds, a Honda lawnmower, Stihl chainsaw. Honda water/sump pump, from him.

Just need a few more bucks, and a 2010 Summit will be ordered.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Bow cycle south. Only place for me in Calgary area, building a solid reputation with customer service and knowing what they are doing....even their aftermarket product lines are all quality stuff. DJ kits, simmons, gill vents....surprised to see a dealer carry this type of stuff.

I've dealt a lot with Trackside in Olds in the past, but in the last sled season I've seen first hand some questionable work come out of their shop, could be maybe a bad tech there, the shop can only be as good as the guy pulling wrenches...Marvin is good guy to deal with though, just pretty busy, they will treat you well if you buy there and they also have a decent selection of aftermarket goodies.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetaskiwin sales hard to beat....until it comes to servicing units they sell...even better. Customer service is the most important part of any deal and these guys deliver.

inside

Reaction score
There is a Bows cycle and a Bows cycle south is that correct?

ratpak

Reaction score
I went to Martin south to buy an new Summit XP. Had the cash in my pocket while I was there (mostly from the sale of my last sled). Tried to negotiate a few hundred dollars off a $14,000 sled, but the sales guy wouldn't budge. Went out to the parking lot and called 2 other dealers before driving away. Both had lower asking prices to start with and I was able to get it discounted even further, and get some stuff thrown in.

Support the small dealers, your business matters to them!

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Martin south to buy an new Summit XP. Had the cash in my pocket while I was there (mostly from the sale of my last sled). Tried to negotiate a few hundred dollars off a $14,000 sled, but the sales guy wouldn't budge. Went out to the parking lot and called 2 other dealers before driving away. Both had lower asking prices to start with and I was able to get it discounted even further, and get some stuff thrown in.

Support the small dealers, your business matters to them!

Same here, tried and tried with Martin, they wouldnt give nothing or budge on starting price. I phoned around to a ton of dealers in AB and found the best deal around including starting price and a bunch of extras a Wetaskiwin Motorsports

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been dealing at a&e in brooks for 20 years. Always helped me out good. You just have to like pilsner!!!

I agree, Delt with them for over 15 years. Support my drag racing and always been good to deal with. They work with the guys at jaws pipe for developement, work with Polar engines, and also ride the stuff. Been top dealer for BRP in western canada several times. They are always out riding the Corbin area, testing what works, taking new riders out, supporters in the Corbin Snowmobile club, and always there to help out stranded snowmobilers in every way possible including rescues.
They not only sell the stuff, but know what works and support the sport

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I deal with Courtaney Motorsports,they have been great till now,I bought my new limited edition xp there,paid full price,it took 9months to get my rebate back and it was to come with the leather jacket which I still havent recieved.I guess Ill just have to keep hasseling them,Im not to impressed I tell ya

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I deal with Courtaney Motorsports,they have been great till now,I bought my new limited edition xp there,paid full price,it took 9months to get my rebate back and it was to come with the leather jacket which I still havent recieved.I guess Ill just have to keep hasseling them,Im not to impressed I tell ya

Might not be a dealer issue, that stuff often gets backed up from BRP.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want to chat on rebat cheque......I pick up new 2009 sled Nov 21/09 and started to complain to brp (not dealer problem) in Jan.2009 and kept calling and on november 5th 2009 got my rebate cheque. So almost a full year..HMMMMMMMMM never buy for rebates get deals instead.....

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BowCycle South, is more of a spectialy shop for sleds.. Myself in service, Kirsti in parts, and lucas in Sales, have all been riding for years and have lots of expereance with sleds.. myself im VERY new to the BRP sleds as iam a yami guy but i am learning the roaps on the skuds.

as well as the techs in the shop have good knowledge of sleds as well. we try and get a good rep from people but as everyone knows. you CAN NEVER please everyone! 99% of the ppl are very happy with the south store

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 09 at Bow Cycle South and have had nothing but quality and friendly service from them. They were quick to look at my backup 02 800 last winter as well.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BowCycle South :d

BowCycle (north) :)

Trackside :confused:

BowRidge :rolleyes:

When I started looking for a new sled this year, I called everywhere to get the best price available on a few sleds I had in mind. I did some searching and everyone said stay away from BowCycle. I tried getting ahold of Marvin at trackside for a few weeks, they even gave me his home number. Even then I didn't have luck getting ahold of him and I figured, if this is the only guy who can sell me a sled, who is going to service it should I have any issues.

I checked in BC and sure I might have saved a few hundred, but again, would I be required to get it serviced there, is it really worth buying from a dealer a few hours away. I checked Edmonton and RedDeer and everywhere within about 4 hours of Calgary. I previously had some work done at BowRidge and feel they have great service, they just never had any sleds I liked at the time I was buying.

There was a sled I liked at BowCycle and I talked to their sales team and decided on a sled and checked it out. After thinking about if I really wanted to deal with them because of all the bad rep they were getting, I felt from speaking with them, they wanted to improve upon their local rep so I went with them. They are local, they do sled, they have lots of parts and I am sure can get anything I want. Kirsty and Lucas at the South Store are great to deal with. The team at the other store is great as well.

:beer:

Top Bottom