Skidoo Dealers-Good and bad!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, who has found the best price for skidoo synthetic oil? I know it ain't cheap so a dealer who doesn't gouge to bad with price would be nice :eek: Been out of it for a while as I was with the green last year :( But back when I had my last doo, I wasn't impressed with martin equipment west.

dhoule

Reaction score
Lets hear some experiences with dealers,good and bad.
How is the new Bow Cycle south?
:rant::nono:
H2O In Sicamous not very happy with these guys.
we had problem with the key on 07 Summit they took it off the trailer and droped the shed off the forklift on too the ground. They went to get a pry bar and a sled hammer to try to fix it we said leave it we'll fix it ourself and still charged us $150.00 to reprogram the key.
An other time we went there for a brake handle new XP no stock and wouldn't take one off of the 4 new sleds in the show room.
the locals even complain about their service:eek:

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had clutch kit customers from AB call me up and have said Bow Cycle south has turned the "bow cycle" name around regarding "skidoo" and the name that keeps popping up is Kirsty - really hope that she stays there.

I keep tabs on dealers, always ask the customer who their local dealer is and if they have an opinion on them and I mean from all over usa/canada.

4 customers have called me up and said Bow Cycle has been nothing but excellent so my hats off to them over at Bow for sure!

One thing I really am greatful is Kirsty carrying the updated spring cover and primary sliding sheave bushing to upgrade - basically if you have an 07 XRS and / or an 08XP summit then you can call her up and get the latest materials to ge your primary up to snuff.

Will be meeting then in December sometime when go out to the mountains to test.

cya
joey

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power Merchants St. Paul took old dirtbike there. and sled is there now, great work, in and out. guy who owns is real nice and if you get a chance to talk to him. i would take it.:d

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well folks for me its bowridge in cochrane

and i will tell you why if you let me rant for a while

the management and staff there are great, started having some work done out there about 06/07
somewhere in there
had bought all prievious stuff at bow (not bashing) 91 sled,98sled,01 sled and for awhile their staff were great too

what makes great staff ? they know your name when you call and they are more than willing to spend time talking to you to help resolve your problems
(if you have problems)

They are not drooling on the phone for your credit card # to order stuff for you and call you when your stuff is in

i have had problems w/purchases in the past and they were major issues again not the dealers fault they went way above and beyond what they needed to to make it right

so am i going to rant and carry on about $12.00 spark plugs or $180.00 drive belts
NO SIRS i am not
i understand the fact that thier very survival in an ever shrinking market is mark up on small ticket items and customer services for shop work

so keep up the great work guys and thankyou
BYRON,WAYNE,STEVE,BRIAN,REECE,MARTY,AND THE SHOP STAFF
You guys are AWSOME

I also like bow cycle south
cause you guys ride and you have an understanding of what i am talking about (above)
You guys just need to be a little more aggressive w/ BRP (Stewarts sled)
so cheers to you as well;):beer:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well folks for me its bowridge in cochrane

and i will tell you why if you let me rant for a while

the management and staff there are great, started having some work done out there about 06/07
somewhere in there
had bought all prievious stuff at bow (not bashing) 91 sled,98sled,01 sled and for awhile their staff were great too

what makes great staff ? they know your name when you call and they are more than willing to spend time talking to you to help resolve your problems
(if you have problems)

They are not drooling on the phone for your credit card # to order stuff for you and call you when your stuff is in

i have had problems w/purchases in the past and they were major issues again not the dealers fault they went way above and beyond what they needed to to make it right

so am i going to rant and carry on about $12.00 spark plugs or $180.00 drive belts
NO SIRS i am not
i understand the fact that thier very survival in an ever shrinking market is mark up on small ticket items and customer services for shop work

so keep up the great work guys and thankyou
BYRON,WAYNE,STEVE,BRIAN,REECE,MARTY,AND THE SHOP STAFF
You guys are AWSOME

I also like bow cycle south
cause you guys ride and you have an understanding of what i am talking about (above)
You guys just need to be a little more aggressive w/ BRP (Stewarts sled)
so cheers to you as well;):beer:

$12 spark plug, I would love that! I payed $20 each for mine :eek:

albertasummitx

Reaction score
I went to Martin south to buy an new Summit XP. Had the cash in my pocket while I was there (mostly from the sale of my last sled). Tried to negotiate a few hundred dollars off a $14,000 sled, but the sales guy wouldn't budge. Went out to the parking lot and called 2 other dealers before driving away. Both had lower asking prices to start with and I was able to get it discounted even further, and get some stuff thrown in.

Support the small dealers, your business matters to them!

i went to riverside as well and found there prices high compared to grande prairie.

SKIROULE

Reaction score
I totaly agree with you guys about Martin South! The only reason I shop there is because they are the only Doo dealer on the South side. There customer service sucks! Most of the time if I have a few things to get I will make the 1/2 hr trip to Riverside.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny about H2O in sicamous. I live in Sicamous and travel to Vernon to get any part or go see Trevor at mac's or Jim at JB because they can get the parts also. Dale is a tool and he knows it. thinks he is so hot now in is Vette, but funny when he stalls it at a stop light lol. he must have a grow room because dont know how he stays alive! just my 2 cents on H2O lol

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rebuilit my 01 MXZ from motor to the skidframe and every thing in between i deat with Rob F from ECKO marine and Mark at Martin sport
I got alot of help and support from these guys it made it great and easy
rebuild I have new improved sled motor track drivers clutchs HIGH FIVE
to these guys my budget was $1500 I came in at 1502 not to bad

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah H2O in Sicamous is a joke. I want down there for summer holidays for two weeks, and wanted to buy a Sea-Doo. So i stopped in, stood around for almost a half hour, and wouldn't budge a penny on anything. So i said forget it and left.

SKIROULE

Reaction score
Echo Marine in Alberta beach is really good. They are helpful, remember your name and have not bad deals.

I agree, Every time I have called Echo Marine for parts they are really helpfull. I did find too that if they cannot help they will refer you to someone that can.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For me Turples is great that they usally have most stuff and will sell you it, but once you buy it then YOUR FU()ED! They won't warrenty stuff other dealers are clearly are. They have qouted me a rate to fix stuff then when the bill comes it don't add up. Never again for me!

The guy in Golden on the other hand is/was a true example of what a dealer should be. They have helped us out many times, great dealer. Or was I hear they shut down!

highstage

Reaction score
lets talk about track side in olds they are good guys but only if you are buying
new if you are running a older sled they wont give you the time of day there sales come first most the time a&e in brooks is good they will even help you out on the phone if needed be turple bros in reddeer isnt bad most of there mec cant change a quad tire with out screwwing it up we live in drumheller
so we are in the middle of them all we need a good skidoo dealer in this area
one thingfor sure is they all know how to make money on every thing so bend over and ;et take it

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Techs at Martin West in Edmonton under Gerry Holtie know there stuff
This shop is busy but if you want to know about the tweeks needed for your sled take it here and ask for Gerry

birdie:d

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn't much @ Martin for free...I'm sure if they could they would charge you for the air you breath while your in there.

Top Bottom