Skidoo Dealers-Good and bad!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
golden was randy and yes he is gone

Couldn't ask for a better guy then Randy...More then willing to help out any way he could and really Knew his stuff. Anybody know if Motor tech has opened under someone different this year?? Haven't made the trip to Golden yet.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant::nono:
H2O In Sicamous not very happy with these guys.
we had problem with the key on 07 Summit they took it off the trailer and droped the shed off the forklift on too the ground. They went to get a pry bar and a sled hammer to try to fix it we said leave it we'll fix it ourself and still charged us $150.00 to reprogram the key.
An other time we went there for a brake handle new XP no stock and wouldn't take one off of the 4 new sleds in the show room.
the locals even complain about their service:eek:

How long after they dropped it in the PTO side before it siezed up from runnin lean with the crank seal damaged?? Locals don't complain about H2O, they just call them blockheads and shop elsewhere

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you 08summit martin's is 10 hands down, they are the worst....

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
Forest Power Sports in Prince George and Evergreed Industrial in Smithers are both horrible. Their parts people don't know what they are doing, their prices are up 40% higher then the recomended retail, and they have little knowledge about the product they sell.

I deal with Evergreen all the time, because they are local, and the next closest dealer is Forest:(

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been using Bow South with decent success. I generally try to stay away from dealers as much as possible though.

Kirsty in parts knows her ch!t.

Helps also that it's a few blocks from my house.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to deal at Riverside but one day had enough of their stupidity. Seven trips for three parts oders and it still was not complete. Finally just threw the bolts at the partsman in front of the manager. Didn't seem to bother either one of the pecker heads, not even a sorry before the bolts flew.That's right you two Tony's I'm talkin about you! Have not gone back since and have since purchased 4 new sleds between my brother and I. Don't miss em and they can KMA. Sorry about that folks but I still hate'm. :rant::nono:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Techs at Martin West in Edmonton under Gerry Holtie know there stuff
This shop is busy but if you want to know about the tweeks needed for your sled take it here and ask for Gerry

birdie:d

like how not to fix a sled? those kind of tweaks? or how to not figure out a problem and just pretend it was fixed?

jerry will not touch a modified sled so i dont know what kind if tweaks you speak of?

clutching tweaks?

like his awesome clutching modification of putting 09 equiptment in an 08? ohhhh what a tweak.

how to program the computer? the guys a joke.

my personal opinion glad he helped you:beer:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H2O Sicamous
Busted a driveshaft this morning, lucky for me it went when I unloaded in the Owlshead parking lot. Many thanks to the Vernon Motorsports guy's for helping me get it on the deck. Being desperate I went down the block to H2O. The lady at the counter just stared at me, didn't ask "can I help you" or any thing? I said I broke my driveshaft on an 800 summit. At this point "Dale" walked away and she just looked at me for a bit and then said "and".
WTF kind of a response is that, did she think I just wanted to run in and give them the news? I said can you fix it? and the response was no.... well not this week any way. Doubt if the could figure out what is wrong or ever fix it. Worst dealer on the planet bar none and I will never darken their door again. If you are ever in Sicamous stay away from them.
I headed down the street to JB Marine They went out of there way to help, have the parts on the way and will install tomorrow. Check out JB if you ever need any thing in Sicamous.

HARDCORE

Reaction score
Turple Bro's Red Deer 2 thumbs down for sales and service!
Red Deer Power Sports as well, 2 thumbs down in all aspects!

I will NEVER spend another dime at neither shops, I will travel to E-town, Calgary if need be ;)

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been very happy with Riverside Yamaha. I have three sleds, two of them I didn't buy there and they have always jumped to the service, just bought another one for the wife and from sales to service no issues.....

Richadge

Reaction score
Power Merchants St. Paul took old dirtbike there. and sled is there now, great work, in and out. guy who owns is real nice and if you get a chance to talk to him. i would take it.:d

I have to second that motion. I have dealt with them a few times and will keep dealing with them. They sell Honda/Ski-doo/Sea-doo/Bombardier just like Turple Bros in Red Deer, but I will drive 3 1/2 hours to go to St.Paul to buy from Power Merchants.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
H2O Sicamous
Busted a driveshaft this morning, lucky for me it went when I unloaded in the Owlshead parking lot. Many thanks to the Vernon Motorsports guy's for helping me get it on the deck. Being desperate I went down the block to H2O. The lady at the counter just stared at me, didn't ask "can I help you" or any thing? I said I broke my driveshaft on an 800 summit. At this point "Dale" walked away and she just looked at me for a bit and then said "and".
WTF kind of a response is that, did she think I just wanted to run in and give them the news? I said can you fix it? and the response was no.... well not this week any way. Doubt if the could figure out what is wrong or ever fix it. Worst dealer on the planet bar none and I will never darken their door again. If you are ever in Sicamous stay away from them.
I headed down the street to JB Marine They went out of there way to help, have the parts on the way and will install tomorrow. Check out JB if you ever need any thing in Sicamous.
Just picked up sled from JB Marine, all fixed. Funny they are an independant shop, could source a driveshaft and repair in one day.
Local Doo dealer won't help, don't have parts or a mechanic. H20 is a joke.

goddess112

Reaction score
We live just south of the city(Calgary) and found the pricing at Bow south to be unbelivably high. IE: goggles @ Bow - $110.00/ same goggles outside of city $70.00.
Not sure what Mr.R's is like now, but when it was located in Milo it was great. I hear that the new owners in Lethbridge are good too.
Ralph's in Calgary(Arctic Cat) is great too!! They always seem to be able to find what we need.
For parts we see a few people. My husband does all of the work on our sleds.
Hope this is helpful.:)

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my sled from St Paul, they were the lowest price off the bat and went even lower without much struggle. I had a minor scuff on my bumper so they gave me a free spare belt. The sales guys ride and sell, so they arent clueless ( unlike martin south ).
And from what i've heard the parts/service dept is pretty good too. Me and my dad are going to pick up a new sled for him in a few weeks and we already kno who's getting our business.

Don's speed parts in wainwright is all amazing for cats and suzuki quads imho.

SKIROULE

Reaction score
I said it once I'll say it again. Martin South big :thumbsdownm:. Where else would the sales guys fart around with people on the floor who likely will say thanks after 1/2 hr and walk out the door while making paying customers wait in line with stuff in hand. And whats with them wanting to know your name and punch into the computer? Is this so that after they have pissed you off they can see how much money you have spent before they appologize for making you wait so long?:rant:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always had excellent service at Martin Motorsports West End, as well as Gibbons Motortoys.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far, nothing but good dealings with Mr.R's in Lethbridge. Management, parts, and techs and pricing. Keep up the good work people.:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom