Skidoo 850 Stator Ingestion

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
your not serious? Clutches I get, hey something goes in there its obvious the owner messed up somehow. But a stator should not be accessible to foreign objects plain and simple. No matter how anal you are about working on stuff something can still get in there and that's a design flaw. A screen, relocation of the vent, a vent hose, so many ways around it to avoid this issue. How about even a warning sticker on the recoil saying the stator is open? Because unless you've had one of these engines out you would have NO idea. The manufacturer is putting the dealer and customer in an awkward spot with this stator setup and that's not fair to either of them. 20k for a machine with 4 year warranty and a 10mm washer can do 2800$ in damage? Not ok
This must be an older G4.
I tried to extend my new 2022 with an additional year of B.E.S.T and they said, "That is no longer available, 3 years only."
Any one else try to extend or is my new dealer wrong on this...??

These engines are expensive to R and R on a persons dime instead of warranty.

The cost to BRP to do a recall to install a screen or another device on the opening would be astronomical on already sold machines..
On new install engines, Not at all,
I am sure the Bean counter would risk assess and say leave it the way it is.

Just not good for the consumer as in this case.....

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I think it’s a very small risk overall, ……. But what I see happening here is Maxwell has got a chubby after riding the new T- Poo and needs to start a list of excuses and reasons to switch over. I get it, it’s gonna be tough on him , he’s been a Doo jammy guy for awhile , but he’s not a dummy ….. he knows when it’s time to switch teams ! And it sorta seems like it only took one ride !!!!

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6:20-6:40 in Muskoka’s latest he drops something under the hood. Looked like plastic but….

Does he cook his stator this season?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm now that I am watching for this.......
Screenshot_20211224-031122.jpg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy find a bolt in the belly pan of his new sled when he got it home from the dealer. Decided it must have been dropped in there at the factory. Kinda of a setup for failure.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda makes a person wonder if that bolt is missing from somewhere?
It was a hood bolt on a skidoo and we found none missing so we expected it was an extra just dropped when assembling. Unless the dealer had some reason for having the hood off before delivery??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a hood bolt on a skidoo and we found none missing so we expected it was an extra just dropped when assembling. Unless the dealer had some reason for having the hood off before delivery??

Maybe Skid plate install, new gauge install, drop a screw where the gauge sits, and there is a good chance it will end up in the engine compartment. Mine ended up under the engine.

This is the reason why I do my own PDI, regardless if it was done at the dealer.
I caught a damaged brand new belt doing my own PDI.

No one is perfect, I’m not, it’s always good to double check your own work on a sled, and especially if someone else worked on it for piece of mind. Who knows Who worked on it in the back, apprentices have to get experience some how, but do all of them ask for help when they screw up.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Skid plate install, new gauge install, drop a screw where the gauge sits, and there is a good chance it will end up in the engine compartment. Mine ended up under the engine.

This is the reason why I do my own PDI, regardless if it was done at the dealer.
I caught a damaged brand new belt doing my own PDI.

No one is perfect, I’m not, it’s always good to double check your own work on a sled, and especially if someone else worked on it for piece of mind. Who knows Who worked on it in the back, apprentices have to get experience some how, but do all of them ask for help when they screw up.
Haha, not perfect? I thought we all were? Actually I left a bolt loose (twice that I know of) in the last several years after having too many pops while working on the sleds. Oops. Merry Christmas.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, not perfect? I thought we all were? Actually I left a bolt loose (twice that I know of) in the last several years after having too many pops while working on the sleds. Oops. Merry Christmas.

Haha, We have all been there once or twice.

Merry Christmas to you as well,

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to plug the damn air box sensor back in after repairs last season... made it to the cabin like nothing but out the back, I thought she was going to let me down... Merry Christmas

Top Bottom