Skidoo 850 Stator Ingestion

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They di

They didn’t need to tell them about the rivet….

All BRP should need to know is it failed the test procedure outlined in their service manual

they actually do, all faulty parts go back to BRP so when it shows up looking like it went through a washing machine full of marbles they could potentially be on the hook for the bill. I think is how that works.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they actually do, all faulty parts go back to BRP so when it shows up looking like it went through a washing machine full of marbles they could potentially be on the hook for the bill. I think is how that works.
Yes that is how it works. Claim will get killed immediately and Martins will be calling you for your Visa card. Lol

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s getting to the point they will be taking a close look at all these aftermarket clutching upgrades everyone does while under warrenty period and doing some voids

Last edited:

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Riderz warned me about the washer/rivet issue on belly pans so I opted out of installing one

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is that possible lol? im trying to envision how that could happen
the bolts back out slowly and the recoil starts to skip... so you pull harder and then the little bolt head breaks and magnet sucks it in. we were at Fullspeed after it happened and Jordan mentioned seeing it a lot in 11/12 or higher mileage units... I checked my 14 after and it was starting to loosen off. pulled em, loctite and retorqued

initially we thought that damn sleeve in the flywheel came free and cut the wires... the bolt heads Phu*ed that stator up...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always take the hood off my new sleds and check for chit rolling around under there, hose and harness clearances and the such to try and eliminate unexpected problems in the back country. I've been in the industry long enough to know you can never trust a tech to do everything right all the time.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always take the hood off my new sleds and check for chit rolling around under there, hose and harness clearances and the such to try and eliminate unexpected problems in the back country. I've been in the industry long enough to know you can never trust a tech to do everything right all the time.
We are human beings and make mistakes daily. Older you get the more often is all. Parked my boat on top of my sled a few weeks ago. Really screwed that thing up.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone else had their 850 stator suck something in? on the 850 engine the bottom of the stator housing is open, so if you drop even a needle in the engine bay it can potentially suck in to the stator and destroy it. I have a machine that BRP is saying no warranty as it sucked in a rivet. I think that is total bs and not an owners fault but rather a design flaw?

here's an idea if your listening BRP, put the stator vent on the top with a screen? poor design, take ownership if your design faults IMO

Thoughts? Anyone had issues with this? was it covered?

either way, don't drop anything in your engine bay
What is the point of it being open anyway?

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to switch brands.
has anyone else had their 850 stator suck something in? on the 850 engine the bottom of the stator housing is open, so if you drop even a needle in the engine bay it can potentially suck in to the stator and destroy it. I have a machine that BRP is saying no warranty as it sucked in a rivet. I think that is total bs and not an owners fault but rather a design flaw?

here's an idea if your listening BRP, put the stator vent on the top with a screen? poor design, take ownership if your design faults IMO

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes and BRP covered it but sled was brand new, first trip and second trip sled would go into limp mode, and did this after carving to left, they said a nut was in there from factory and was damaging the stator. After having motor out last season I also feel it's a design issue which should have something done to correct

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes and BRP covered it but sled was brand new, first trip and second trip sled would go into limp mode, and did this after carving to left, they said a nut was in there from factory and was damaging the stator. After having motor out last season I also feel it's a design issue which should have something done to correct
Is Ron’s issue also when carving left? Maybe he has something small in there fawking with power to his fuel pump.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup we had a sled do this. Shitty deal.

Heli bill to boot.

Last edited:

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frog skin/screen door it all shut with the wife’s glue gun for next time….lol
It only needs to vent moisture out and some cooling right?

Top Bottom