Silent Pass conditions

Reaction score
I haven't put any down there yet. Don't knwo of anyone who has yet. It is up for grabs :)

given the the recent cold with all the April like conditions it would be extremely easy to forge a trail down there this year. Snow will be extremely setup.

Thanks buddy! That was one heck of an adventure!

Fahrns

Reaction score
Was up Silent today. Stupid deep! Road in was in good shape right up to the Mcmurdo bridge. Starting to soften up in a couple spots but it was an easy drive in. Trail was OK. Recently groomed. Small bumps. Snow right to the bridge. Was snowing right down to the missing bridge. Probably dumped 30cm during the day on top of the snow from the last few days. Faceshots all day! Tomorrow could be epic if it clears up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fahrns

Reaction score
A few pics from Saturday. It was deep! I'm standing next to my sled in the first picture.
IMG_0828_0.jpg

IMG_0830_0.jpg

Treerider

Reaction score
Rode Silent Pass today. We had a 22' enclosed and no problem turning around at the 48 k marker which is at the McMurdo Creek bridge. Snow was right to the bridge and good snow coverage right into the riding area. Would say snow on trail should hold up for a week or 2 if weather doesn't warm up to much. Trail is getting rough. Riding was ok with 3" - 4" of new snow. Sunny day and great for exploring the area. Only 3 rigs of us in the area today.

Treerider

Reaction score
Rode Silent Pass today. Took a 22' enclosed up and turning around was no problem at the 48 K marker at the McMurdo Creek bridge. Snow on the trail was right to the bridge and should hold up for a week or 2 as long as the weather doesn't turn to warm. Trail is getting pounded out. About 3" - 4" of new snow and mostly sunny day all day. No deep snow on this day, but still fun. Great day for exploring the area. There was only 4 rigs parked in the area today.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent today had 12-16" of fresh in the trees. It was really light pow and what was underneath is hard so not ideal. Sometimes you were full throttle in a nicely wind loaded pocket and then catch a hard bit. Kept you on your toes. Visibility was sufficient to hit the back bowl but snow was better on the front side in sheltered/leeward areas.

tcr

Reaction score
Rode silent saturday (april 25th). Road in was in fair condition, no forestry traffic. Sled access is still good, unloaded just past the 46 km bridge. Trail is still snow covered, only a few very small gravel patches on the way up. Spring conditions up top, 4" of fresh snow. Overall decent spring riding.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try Silent lately? Just wondering if it is holding up for one last ride or if we would have to dirt bike our sleds for 10 KM's

Last edited:

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard tonight that some guys made it almost to the "waterfall meadow". Heading out in the morning from Cowtown to go see if we can get all the way up tomorrow. Hopefully have some decent vis to get up top....

RN

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard tonight that some guys made it almost to the "waterfall meadow". Heading out in the morning from Cowtown to go see if we can get all the way up tomorrow. Hopefully have some decent vis to get up top....

RN

Awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sadly, info was not as accurate as I had hoped.... lol
They only made it about half way into the trees by the time I got there yesterday(Sat)
We then proceeded to punch our way to the very beggining of the meadow below the waterfall. Not sure if anyone made it further today.
had a few guys trying to help but kind of a Cluster-you-know-what.... haha still had a good days ride anyways.

RN

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw pictures on FB. People were up past the lake and to the meadow today. It was deep.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sadly, info was not as accurate as I had hoped.... lol
They only made it about half way into the trees by the time I got there yesterday(Sat)
We then proceeded to punch our way to the very beggining of the meadow below the waterfall. Not sure if anyone made it further today.
had a few guys trying to help but kind of a Cluster-you-know-what.... haha still had a good days ride anyways.

RN
thanks for the great trail, you efforts were greatly appreciated on sunday :) snow was quit deep... much more than expected BUT... it was pouring rain when we left last night. dam icey coming out on the trail. willows were springing back up. any pow we had on sunday was wicked heavy and consolidating quick. saw a small trigger let go right to the rocks. lots of inversion going on for sunday.

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Anyone know what the weather did up top? Looking to head out this weekend with my dad for a ride

Top Bottom