Sheldon Souray traded ?

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumoour that a trade is in the works today for Sheldon Souray ? Has anyone else heard the details ?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never heard anything bout him its all about hall this am.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good....... The man doesn't wanna play here, get rid of 'em. He'll always be hurt anyway. Too bad, as he's an edmonton native

elk point actually they got weird water out that way any way.:d

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they can find somebody to take him he's gone. They said yesterday that if nobody wants him, there not sure if they will re-sign his contract. If I was in the big chair, I'de cut him loose. Just brings everybody down.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not gone yet....
Oilers off-season movement tracker - Edmonton Oilers - Transactions

Hopefully he goes soon. But he is the only one to blame, as he shot himself in the foot by being a whiner...

actually it was iginla that shot him in the foot wasn't it then crunched him into the boards so that he wouldn't soon forget.

then the best part was when the cry baby bully tried to retaliate ..... when he finally recovered from the first ace woopen he got his butt handed to him again.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually it was iginla that shot him in the foot wasn't it then crunched him into the boards so that he wouldn't soon forget.

then the best part was when the cry baby bully tried to retaliate ..... when he finally recovered from the first ace woopen he got his butt handed to him again.

LOL no I mean by being a little whiney baby, he cries that he is sick or hurt all the time, then wants to trade away from the team he is a AC... It;s no wonder no one has snapped him up.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really there are a few things that held back any teams from picking him up when they put him on waivers...

Most teams look to fill through free agency first as there is sometimes a higher caliber of player available.

Souray's contract is still a hefty one, so to take it on in the tighter cap era is tough. If a team can't fill their needs through free agency, then they will look to what other teams have for trades. There are still a number of unsigned players available, but most teams will need to free up cap space to take on new contracts.

Souray's recent injuries are a concern I would think to teams who might be interested, but a healthy guy like Souray who has a huge shot from the point could help a teams PP, just depends on his so called attitude.

Lots of people are saying he has a pour attitude, but I doubt any of them ever spent any time in the locker room to know for sure. Maybe it was a coaching issue, Quinn reportedly butted heads with a few people, did he really? Who knows, maybe they keep Souray and he plays like he should with a beefed up blue line that they have put together this year.

Its either they trade him, but we are going to get tit for tat, they put him on re-entry waivers, but they end up paying half is contract anyways, or they play him.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good insite....the point remains. If there is a serious concern that the attitude towards giving an hours pay for an hours work is not how he runs, it's a hard monkey to shake off your back. A good rep is not given, it's earned.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Oilers should send Souray to the American hockey league and make him stay their for a while and after riding a Bus then he might come crying to Edmonton to take him back. The Owners and the GM'S have to be more firm with those Poor , Poor Hockey players in order for them to fix the problem that they wont honour their contracts.:twocents:

skiloch

Reaction score
I actually like Souray as a player, but if someone doesn't want to be a team player and want's out .....I say good riddance, we need to get rid of the dead weight!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just me or do most players come here and want to move right away? Seems to happen all the time. Or good players come here, do nothing, then play great elsewhere again.

Not going to get my hopes up this year for a good team. I think they will screw up this year even with all the great young talent they got.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just me or do most players come here and want to move right away? Seems to happen all the time. Or good players come here, do nothing, then play great elsewhere again.

Not going to get my hopes up this year for a good team. I think they will screw up this year even with all the great young talent they got.

Yes, that does happen. But we as fans are partly to blame - we are a bit TOO diehard. This players live in a fishbowl, everywhere they go, people recognize them and want pictures or autographs. When they make bad decisions it is all over the place, everyone is criticizing and b!tching, it's in every paper and on every news and radio station. Edmonton as a city isn't quite big enough for them to have anonymity - I am sure that would wear on anyone. I am sure IF THEY PLAYED WELL this would have a more positive spin on the fishbowl.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, that does happen. But we as fans are partly to blame - we are a bit TOO diehard. This players live in a fishbowl, everywhere they go, people recognize them and want pictures or autographs. When they make bad decisions it is all over the place, everyone is criticizing and b!tching, it's in every paper and on every news and radio station. Edmonton as a city isn't quite big enough for them to have anonymity - I am sure that would wear on anyone. I am sure IF THEY PLAYED WELL this would have a more positive spin on the fishbowl.

Yes - if this was the Tampa Bay Oilers then the players would be under less criticism

Top Bottom